the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chippy,
Thanks for the welcome, long time lurker, finally posted something I could offer help in, usually, its just reading and learning for me here :).

I put them in 2lt plastic ice cream containers with boards over the top held on with rocks, as the very first lot helped the local foxs be flea free for the rest of their lives LOL.
20 cent sized holes to allow the pesky buggers access, tho once they find a food source, if you start with it open, they will come back and find a way in if you have made it dog/ other pest resistant.
wasp gps is pretty good, along with their sence of smell.
great thing about the fipronil, is that the active ingredient is what is used in flea collars, and at 0.05% its pretty target specific.

Yes you could nail some up in trees, as that was my second option if the boards were knocked off.
Also wasps return to the nest at night,so put the baits out in the morning, and in at night.
Our vegy patch I only put baits on open plates near the water source the wasps were loitering around.

Had given some bait to a friend also having wasp problems, and their dog got to the mince, we both had a good laugh at how the dog wont have any fleas for a very long time :)
it wasnt a large dog, scoffed it, and is still fine, that was last year.
Tho to be prudent, keep the dogs away from it, its only a week, and im not a vet.

cheers

Thanks

This will definitely come in handy.

and an actual tree question !

can anyone identify what leylandii this is ?

https://goo.gl/photos/eS3zoLETh37BUvyF7

It's supposedly different to the others along the fenceline, although I can't tell the diff from it's mates.

Can't find a match that I'm happy with on this one. Closest I can get is a Black Cypress-pine, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Can't find a match that I'm happy with on this one. Closest I can get is a Black Cypress-pine, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.
Thanks mate, I couldn't match it just looking online.

Apparently a local tree bloke had said it's different to the others but couldn't identify it either.

My friend owns the place and she asked me to take photos so she could send them off to someone she's been put onto, then i thought "I could ask the brains trust on here too!"

Definitely not a Black Cypress, they grow a lot where I used to live.
It's not a native, it's a hybrid, a type of Leylandii to these uneducated eyes.

Thanks mate, I couldn't match it just looking online.

Apparently a local tree bloke had said it's different to the others but couldn't identify it either.

My friend owns the place and she asked me to take photos so she could send them off to someone she's been put onto, then i thought "I could ask the brains trust on here too!"

Definitely not a Black Cypress, they grow a lot where I used to live.
It's not a native, it's a hybrid, a type of Leylandii to these uneducated eyes.
For sure it's a Leylandii, but which one?

There's heaps of them. There's a few UK based sites that might give some good leads....

I was trying to find drawings/pics of that nut, but I couldn't find one that was not open like that one and I could only guess, pretty badly, on what it would look like when open.

How tall do they get?

That's it, it's a Lithgow, 303-25.

Good find.
Get the headspace checked, normal go, no go gauges will suffice.
Most service rifle clubs will be able to help you with that.
Dont need a super hot load on those, not like what you can do with the 22 250
If you neck down from prefired brass, anneal the neck, then resize, reanneal and then go about your trimming and reloading

ive seen them in 303 . 22 and there a great little foxer.

I think the 2208 was the prefered powder for those wildcats, but its been a few years and would need to rummage around a bit to confirm.

Always a bit of work doing the reloading, but the results are well worth it.

T

just adding to the "Jack of all trades... master of none" cap; unloading a 40ft container via a mobile ramp. was getting good reversing down the ramp after a while. bit unnerving at first. hope the storeman doesnt sleep in this morning again!

This technique may be useful to you, also a little safer than reversing down a ramp and wearing out the brakes.

Looks very nice R60, give yer a grand for it ?

Watching an experienced chainsaw mechanic a while back with a STIHL saw he had in for service/work, walked over to pressure washer, started saw and washed it off.

Didn't falter..........bldy good things them STIHLS !!!!
Nice try Creeker a grand?? I laugh at your grand! haha ;):chainsaw:

well got all the fire wood in for winter 18 cubic meters.
thismoring i was cleening up some road kill in my drive way and spotted an eye in the bush looking at me so i whent and got the shotty just incase the little bugger made a run for it one less chook killer
View attachment 495573

We used about 18 to 20 last year, big house on always going 24/7 for 3 months except for cleaning and going half the time for another 3.

Hoping to use closer to half that this winter....better insulated house (mud brick on a slab) and a bit smaller too......hope we don't use anymore than 12, I've sold the rest :innocent:

Where's WidowMaker_1 with his 090 and straight as an arrow ripping when ya need him!?.. Ahh well the old man grunted and farted and got her done ha...:chainsaw:
Few pics of the old man today ripping some Mount Mckenzie (Tenterfield) inland Blackbutt, Nice timber pretty clean as far as Blackbutt goes not much blood vane and a lot slower growing (tighter grain) than coastal Blackbutt so not as bad with checking/splitting...
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

It's Fun getting the old iron out for a lap, lol, 2101 XP, had the song going through my head today and it kinda suits the way I felt

Nice sticks of timber! what is it? looks like Forest red gum to me...Yeah that'd be nice send a few load down this way :rock:....

Back