Big mean green 5200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Thats the bad part with these saws. Nobody makes new air filters for them that I know of. Occasionally you will find a new old stock filter on ebay, but they usually demand and arm or leg. :( Just wash the best you can, and air etc. I had one one time that the flocking was gone. I tried using a foam material to put in the filter. Wasn't great, but it got me by, till I found one. I guess there is other air filter material you could cut and make one also. Just have to get creative till ya can get a new or better one.

airfilter005.jpg

Gregg,
I got a lot of that stuff laying around so that will work if I cant clean the old one. I can't wait to really get into this thing. But i'm finding out that there's a lot to learn about saws that I don't know. I'm going to have to learn more. I really don't want to run this saw into the ground. I want to have this one for a long time. Thanks for all your help gregg. I'm sure I will have a lot more ? to ask soon lol

I love the decal on the recoil cover!!! Its such a shame what Poulans are nowadays. Same with Homelite. Im just glad that the Pioneer name wasn't dragged through the muck...Awesome saw though, can't wait to see more of it. Thanks for sharing.

Here's mine, model 8500. Same as your 5200, just after another corporate change and given a different model number. Well, as far as I know anyway...

Attachments

• IMG_20160403_141219.jpg
    IMG_20160403_141219.jpg
    833.5 KB · Views: 23
Did the 8500 have a two piece top cover? Seems like I read that somewhere. I only have the 5400 and 5200 and a craftsman colored 5200, never had the 8500.

Yes, two piece. I don't have one badged 5200 to compare, although I think they are call it essentially the same, there are most likely more slight differences. But, I can't swear to that either. I *think* they are approximately the same saw. I know my 505 is quite different although similar displacement.

5200 and 8500 have different top covers and air filters as well as different tanks and rear handles. I think there are few other differences but those are the main ones I'm pretty sure. Also keep in mind there are 2 different versions of the 5200, an early model and a later model with slight differences as well.

The one posted here by the OP is a later version 5200.

Hi, everyone my name is old soul and I think I have a problem...... Couldn't pass this little one up today. 35 bucks with the case. Cleanest saw I've ever had lol. I had to put new fuel line on it and it fired right up. I think i've been bit by the saw bug lol. 20160404_174437.jpg 20160404_174437.jpg 20160404_174445.jpg 20160404_174455.jpg 20160404_174501.jpg

Back