Still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should quantify my usage. About 4.5 cords was basswood. And it got used during the meat of winter.

Sent from a field
Don't know what you guys are talking about, been wearing shorts and tee shirt the last 6 months.
I'm expecting to light the fire for the first time this season in the next couple of weeks.:clap:

I'm guessing you live in the land of reverse swirl toilet flushes? Haha

We went from fire place to a new vapor fire insert , 4 cord to 1 1/2 with a stick wedged in the attic fan damper often trying to cool the house off . Father in law smiling he's 94 loves the new stove .

Burning up till a day or two ago, small fire morning and night. 1-1/2 cords of Oak in the Jotul is all we did this season. Did about two cords in the shop, but it's larger than the house. Low use year.

Burning up till a day or two ago, small fire morning and night. 1-1/2 cords of Oak in the Jotul is all we did this season. Did about two cords in the shop, but it's larger than the house. Low use year.
We burn half the wood we used to since we got the Jotul 118CB. That and this was a mild winter.

I'm still on the same match that I lit the furnace with in October , just been a continuous burn , from the looks of the long range forecast it'll be burning for at ! The least 2 more weeks :(

Mighty Mouse Logging LLC

I probably burnt more wood this year than I ever have, even with the warm temps. I had a lot of river birch that was dead when I cut it and it had been in the shed for almost 2 years. Stuff puts out a hot fire, but it is short lived.. I havent had a fire since first wk or so of March.

Im hoping we are all done. 72 yesterday and 77 today, all sun. It's still gets cool at nite but with the house opened up all day it can usually hold most of the heat overnight.

Sent from a field

Im hoping we are all done. 72 yesterday and 77 today, all sun. It's still gets cool at nite but with the house opened up all day it can usually hold most of the heat overnight.

Sent from a field

Too hot! Most years we never see temps like that, thank goodness!

Last few years we've gotten in the 80s and it's downright unbearable. I bought a window A/C for the house for this year.

Too hot! Most years we never see temps like that, thank goodness!

Last few years we've gotten in the 80s and it's downright unbearable. I bought a window A/C for the house for this year.

Perfect temps!! Especially with all the rain weve gotten this spring. I was able to get on the front 40 today and mow but the back 40 needs another week to dry out.

We are breaking ground on another garden plot and I had to give up, still to wet.

Burning as needed. The cold snap earlier this month probably means I'll finish closer to 3 cords than 2-1/2 cords for the year.

I've stopped anywhere between May 1st and June 1st, just depends on the weather and what's going on at home.

At least once I've lit the stove in the morning, and was running the A/C when I went to bed.

Filled it up last night and died out today so this is the first night without a fire. I'm not sure if or when I'll need to make a nighttime fire but it looks a few days off at least.

started the owb oct. 15th. shut er dn april 15. normaly run till may 15th or so. we'll see if it stays off. No transition again this yr. snowed last wk. 77 today. so much for easin into it.

Latest posts

Back