the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a nice load of Grey Gum today. You don't hear much about Australian Grey Gum well on the interwebs anyway??, it's a very sort after hardwood timber for its durability strength and hardness it's up there with Ironbark and the Box family of timber for hardness..
A very heavy hardwood also it's weight comes in at well over 1200 kg a m3.. A pack of QLD sleepers (30 in a pack) weighs about 2.5 tonnes and that's real tonnes = 1000 kg not the American baby ton of 900 kg..
Definitely one of those timbers that no matter how sharp and well tuned your chain is you will get chattering/vibration feed back! .404 shines in this stuff holding an edge! might even wear some paint off your bar through no fault of own haha...

http://www.woodsolutions.com.au/Wood-Species/grey-gum

View attachment 499713 View attachment 499714 View attachment 499715 View attachment 499716
Not easy to get quota logs in it though, they can look smooth on the outside & still be riddled with grub, it's the only timber I've seen that will easily break out the edge of a axe with the hard interlocked grain.
Thanski

I need a fatter bottom girl than Dolly.

Looked at a patch of gums that, frankly, scare me a little. Gully seems too steep (fall over and you wont stop rag dolling until you hit the bottom or a tree) to be doing the Swedish stump dance with the 32" on Dolly. So, what would your good selves suggest (money is tight) please?

I need a fatter bottom girl than Dolly.

Looked at a patch of gums that, frankly, scare me a little. Gully seems too steep (fall over and you wont stop rag dolling until you hit the bottom or a tree) to be doing the Swedish stump dance with the 32" on Dolly. So, what would your good selves suggest (money is tight) please?

well thats a hard one with out seeing it it is your life at risk tho

There is a after market German company for SR 500's
There are many modern super motad options
Track days are the go

I sold my large road bikes once I started racing dirt bikes, short circuit, long track, oil track, etc.
On the track rubbing was racing, tyre marks on my leg from someone trying to get under me in a corner.
I found that I was too comfortable with higher risks on the roads, than was logical so I made a decision one afternoon were I had to much fun and I heard what I was describing to a friend.

I have not ridden for a couple of years now

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

Like to see that race, terrific stuff !

Fella nearest camera - rip them a bit deeper, less wood width to split them off later,
they are all bldy quick and well done. :chainsaw: :clap:

I found that I was too comfortable with higher risks on the roads, than was logical so I made a decision one afternoon were I had to much fun and I heard what I was describing to a friend.

I have not ridden for a couple of years now

Sent from my E2353 using Tapatalk

I stopped road riding for pretty much the same reason. My ZZR1100D4 was no longer fast enough and didn't scare me, I then decided to give it up and sold it straight away.

Still ride trail bikes but do it to get me to my fave spots in the high country at a leisurely pace.

Like to see that race, terrific stuff !

Fella nearest camera - rip them a bit deeper, less wood width to split them off later,
they are all bldy quick and well done. :chainsaw: :clap:
A lot of sparks came off the chain as well at one stage.
My back aches just watching them.
Tanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236.5 KB · Views: 11
A lot of sparks came off the chain as well at one stage.
My back aches just watching them.
Tanks
I was on the second billet from the camera, had a shower of embers escape from the exhaust about the third rip. The first time that saw ran properly in many years was 2pm the day before, all I did was ran it enough to get the carb set and made a couple of rips to see if it would cut OK. I never cleaned out the exhaust and many years of carbon and oil build up finally got hot enough to ignite, I thought at first the chain jumped the rails, then I was expecting a fire ball [emoji1] all I did to the saw was removed the grate off of the exhaust and disable the governor, stock standard otherwise

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

Back