New truck!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First picture shows it with an infestation of little people. Better get rid of them now or they will grow up and eat all the groceries that you can haul with that thing. :)

Too late. They're already entrenched in the house, destroying everything in their path, and eating any food that's left out.

I bought a "new" truck yesterday too. 97 F-450 Quigley 4x4 7.3L. No bed, I'll put the dumper off my 1 ton on it.

just a 350. Owner sold it because he wanted something more powerful for heavy-duty towing.
Still won't pass a gas station without at least a longing look...
Cool truck though, and in nice shape...should be handier than a shirt pocket!
Gotta love those "no salt" state vehicles...I just bought a 03' Ford Superduty from Fla...rust free...and pre-dented :D

Auto parts stores carry detail kits with small, soft white clay blocks that will take the oxidation off. Used them on my year 2000, GMC 5500, with a chalk white finish. She shines now, water beads right up. Just feels better driving it too. Still an old truck. Need to clean the wheels up and paint them, just not sure the best way to do that. Wire wheel and a rattle can I guess.

Still won't pass a gas station without at least a longing look...
Cool truck though, and in nice shape...should be handier than a shirt pocket!
Gotta love those "no salt" state vehicles...I just bought a 03' Ford Superduty from Fla...rust free...and pre-dented :D

Yeah, my C30 dumper gets single digit mileage.

Auto parts stores carry detail kits with small, soft white clay blocks that will take the oxidation off. Used them on my year 2000, GMC 5500, with a chalk white finish. She shines now, water beads right up. Just feels better driving it too. Still an old truck. Need to clean the wheels up and paint them, just not sure the best way to do that. Wire wheel and a rattle can I guess.

2000 is old? I consider a vehicle old when it's from the 70s or earlier!

Took her on the maiden voyage today. Threw in a few piles of yard junk and junk wood and hauled it to the dump. Kids were all taking turns pushing the dump button. Works beautifully, and I stalled it out for the first time. Gotta get my 'clutch' leg back in shape.
one thing about it,,a clutch will limit the amount of humans that want to borrow it......I said humans for a reason......tho if you do "borrow" it,,it may come back with near no fuel in tank,,and the clutch smoked....

I'd much rather have that old 97 7.3 than a 07 with a 6.0 hand grenade!

97 isn't old in my book. It's the newest truck I own! The others... 91, 83 and 81.

My other truck is a 7.3L as well and my buddy has 3 or 4 plus a spare engine or two so I should be GTG.

one thing about it,,a clutch will limit the amount of humans that want to borrow it......I said humans for a reason......tho if you do "borrow" it,,it may come back with near no fuel in tank,,and the clutch smoked....
! "truck rental with out owner/operator is not optional" !! lol

That's going to be one handy ride for sure. We had an old RR Truck that was like yours but without the dump. If I ever found one like yours with a dump and in that shape, it would be parked in my pole barn and only driven at night when my friends were not around. Congrats on a nice find..

Very nice, I went back and forth with idea of regular cab or king cab/four door. I ended up getting a reg. cab for all the real estate of bed with a 84" cab axle but I do miss having the dry storage of a rear seat. That truck will serve you well especially since you have room for the family if need be.

That's going to be one handy ride for sure. We had an old RR Truck that was like yours but without the dump. If I ever found one like yours with a dump and in that shape, it would be parked in my pole barn and only driven at night when my friends were not around. Congrats on a nice find..

Well, it wasn't really a 'find.' I was looking specifically for one with all these features and wouldn't settle for anything less. Looking forward to lots of use!

Very nice, I went back and forth with idea of regular cab or king cab/four door. I ended up getting a reg. cab for all the real estate of bed with a 84" cab axle but I do miss having the dry storage of a rear seat. That truck will serve you well especially since you have room for the family if need be.

Well, room for 'some' of the family. I see you're new here, so one thing to remember about me - I have a lot of kids! 9 to be exact (I think - I keep losing count).
And "yes" I know exactly what causes it. That's why I got so many! :happybanana: Makes me wonder why other people don't have more - I suspect they don't like 'it.' :laugh:

Latest posts

Back