Broke my SS today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You go to school to be an electrician like I did as well? The only clown here is you!

"Going to school" for something isn't a credential. I can "go to school" for one day. Last I checked, you need a degree to be an electrician. If you have a degree, that's great. It's a better credential than having traveled all over the US. Unfortunately, in this case and others, having a degree doesn't make you right. Again, you're still welcome to Google it...

Here are two links to welders that run on household current. They are labeled 115V and 110V respectively.

Also, I didn't say you were a clown. Just that you look like one. When the only thing you add to a post is a minor correction of the original post, that's silly. When you're actually wrong about your correction, that's just dumb.
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln-Electric-Handy-MIG-Welder-K2185-1/100596739

http://m.ebay.com/itm/120744694742

You go to school to be an electrician like I did as well? The only clown here is you!
Go put a meter on your outlet and you will see you're the clown. Like the man said, voltage varies all over the country. Besides you're mighty young to have done all these things you claim. I call BS.

Go put a meter on your outlet and you will see you're the clown. Like the man said, voltage varies all over the country. Besides you're mighty young to have done all these things you claim. I call BS.

I was in the Air Force 12 years, been all over the US and world.

Have a degree as an electrician, auto tech and diesel/heavy truck tech.

Oh come off it, guys! If you wanna start talking clowns, look at this face here:
IMG_1454.JPG

Now quit hijacking my thread or I'll sic my kids after y'all.

Yep, Unclemoustache, your going to have a houseful of stories! And one of them will be the break they got from splitting.

Oh, I've already got lots of stories! Unfortunately they had no time off. I had that splitter fixed within 2 hours and ready for the following mornings' chores. :laugh:

I'm certainly impressed that you've been all over the US. And with a multi-meter to boot. ;)

You're welcome to Google it and learn why you are incorrectly correcting someone.

Or, you can continue to look like a clown.

It's VF's nom du jour, every single day.....

I've been all over the US and have never seen anything but 120v (+- a few volts) unless there was a problem.

Either way it's 240v and 120v.

I was in the Air Force 12 years, been all over the US and world.

Have a degree as an electrician, auto tech and diesel/heavy truck tech.

Well, I have a degree in Electrical Engineering and can tell you the only place I've ever seen true 120vac is in a laboratory. Voltage at a receptacle will depend on a number of factors such as wire length, load on system, load on grid, and supply voltage.

123.2, I rest my case.Not 120. like we said it varies. it runs around 117 to 122 here.

WTF are you talking about? I said it was 120v +- a few volts, you kept saying it' s 110v.
Now you say it's 120v?.... so are you agreeing or?

easy fix 7018 rod @ 160 heat if you were here on L I fix it for you
m8jjeu.jpg
my welder

13051495_1165374406815642_7124086447851063071_n.jpg

Surprised no one pointed out while the U.S. today is nominally 120v (with the ANSI standard allowing 104-127v while defining optimal as 114-126v), the U.K. was standardized nationally at 240v since the 1950s...changing a few years ago to 230v to standardize with the EU. Continental Europe had to come up from a nominal 220v to 230v as part of that effort.

Tom, what kind of oil do you run in that Onan? Any idea what voltage the generator/ alternator on it puts out? Are those bias or radials on that trailer? How many pounds in the tires? Do you need a CDL for that trailer? And I hope OSHA doesn't see how high you have those splits piles and unsecured too. Lawsuit waiting to happen. And you might want to blur out that Evinrude sign, no unpaid advertising allowed.

Reported to admin.

Nice welder but red is better. :)

Tom, what kind of oil do you run in that Onan? Any idea what voltage the generator/ alternator on it puts out? Are those bias or radials on that trailer? How many pounds in the tires? Do you need a CDL for that trailer? And I hope OSHA doesn't see how high you have those splits piles and unsecured too. Lawsuit waiting to happen. And you might want to blur out that Evinrude sign, no unpaid advertising allowed.

Reported to admin.

Nice welder but red is better. :)

Repped!

View attachment 500560

Surprised no one pointed out while the U.S. today is nominally 120v (with the ANSI standard allowing 104-127v while defining optimal as 114-126v), the U.K. was standardized nationally at 240v since the 1950s...changing a few years ago to 230v to standardize with the EU. Continental Europe had to come up from a nominal 220v to 230v as part of that effort.
Don't you go adding facts into this discussion: those is irrelevant to him.

Latest posts

Back