Echo pole saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I had a big job to do last month cutting limbs. Paid well enough that I got a new saw. I got the Echo PPT 280 pole saw. Wow, this is awesome. It sure made short work of every limb that needed cutting. Ripped right through 10" oak like it was nothing. I even bought the 4' extension. I just wish I had a few more branches that need cutting. Anyone else tried one of these?

I just serviced an Echo TT-21A pole saw for a tree trimming company. After three or four years of pretty heavy service, it needed some attention. The fuel tank grommet needed to be replaced. I also replaced the fuel lines, the fuel filter, and the primer bulb. Then I installed a new 12" chain. That's about all it needed. The owner says he loves the machine and uses it all the time. This saw is probably not much different from your PPT 280. It also had the extension that took it out to 12'.

I have to wonder why they didn't use the more common 050 gauge chain as opposed to the 043 that the bar required. Anything to force a special order and bump the cost I suppose.

I just bought a PPF-280 for around my house. Mine is similar to GeorgiaVol's saw except it's a fixed shaft instead of telescoping. Same engine though. Came with a 12 inch bar loaded with Oregon 91PX.

Trimmed up a large palm, and 2 pines. No shortage of power with this engine. Went through several 6 inch pine branches nice and easy. I'm pretty happy with it, and it keeps my CS-400 company in the garage :)

I have the PPT-230 and also purchased the 4' extension for it got the saw for $149 (barely used) and the extension from a guy who buys home depot returns for $50 cash. Just had to buy the shaft adapter for it because it fell out in transit when I removed the extension pole and the gremlins ran off with it $6 fleabay.
***watch that part don't fall out!!***

Well I had a big job to do last month cutting limbs. Paid well enough that I got a new saw. I got the Echo PPT 280 pole saw. Wow, this is awesome. It sure made short work of every limb that needed cutting. Ripped right through 10" oak like it was nothing. I even bought the 4' extension. I just wish I had a few more branches that need cutting. Anyone else tried one of these?

Never ran one of their pole saws but it's on my list to buy. Going to stop buy the local dealer and see what they have. I do have an SRM 280 trimmer if the pole saw has similar power I know it will be stout. The trimmer is a beast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I need to find me some of them Home Depot returns, just saying :D Good thread.
This guy buys pallets of misc returns and has a warehouse full of stuff that he sells at half the retail price, from sinks to bbqs and everything between.

So, this 14' long Echo pole saw with the extension is still in my shop, all fixed. Owner was informed three days ago that it was ready. Suppose he never shows up to reclaim it. My garage ceiling is only 12' high, so I can't stand it up. How on earth do a store the dang thing, even if he decides to let me have it for the $30 repair bill?

Got a link?
A link to him or the place he buys from?
I don't t kow if he has a website I'll have to look and as for who he buys from, I have no clue, he buys action pallets of this stuff and has it shipped to his ny Warehouse. I will let you know if I find his info.

We have one of those trimmers at work for the transmitter field whenever we get off air time. I really like it, and so do my guys. Runs far better and is lighter than the crappy 4 stroke Cub Cadet trimmer we have.

At home I have an older (11 years) Echo GT-230 curve shaft trimmer that has never let me down. My dad has 20 year old GT-2000 that still runs great too.

So, this 14' long Echo pole saw with the extension is still in my shop, all fixed. Owner was informed three days ago that it was ready. Suppose he never shows up to reclaim it. My garage ceiling is only 12' high, so I can't stand it up. How on earth do a store the dang thing, even if he decides to let me have it for the $30 repair bill?

I put a couple bike hooks in the wall and hang the pole saw on those. They aren't easy to store/transport. Transporting in the Suburban isn't too bad as it fits between the front seats.

I put a couple bike hooks in the wall and hang the pole saw on those. They aren't easy to store/transport. Transporting in the Suburban isn't too bad as it fits between the front seats.
Dang, the owner showed up and reclaimed it. Still hasn't paid his bill but I figure he's good for it. I'm an easy touch.

Speaking of transporting, I had this one in the pickup truck with a red flag on the cutting end. Lo and behold, a big rig shows up out of nowhere at the stoplight and just misses it with his mirror. Driver was on the phone. I almost peed in my pants.

A link to him or the place he buys from?
I don't t kow if he has a website I'll have to look and as for who he buys from, I have no clue, he buys action pallets of this stuff and has it shipped to his ny Warehouse. I will let you know if I find his info.

Thanks, man.

Back