Husqvarna 372 totally stumped with pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And The Beat Goes On it keeps getting better. I get to saw up and running runs pretty good for about 6 minutes. Then it starts like backfiring through the carburetor and exhaust, Just Like A Pufffff sound. And then stopped running. Nothing I could do but laugh and check for spark and there was nothing. Wanna guess what vibrated loose, The coil.

I'm beginning to think so, sweet lookin case, little wear on the drive sprocket,white starter cord.
Yea, sounds fishy. I have had between the 272 and 372, around 10 or so and the only screws I have had loosen were the muffler and recoil housing. The trick on the muffler was to tighten a new one when it was hot the first time then the first few tanks at refill. They never loosened after that. CJ

i run huskies falling and i do loctite some screws. what i do when i get them is loctite the inner dawg screws, center screw for outer dawg, ignition module screws, air injection tube screw and muffler bolts. i use red on the muffler and blue everywhere else. i also loctite the one recoil screw that holds the brake flag and all the AV limiter screws. i have never had an AV limiter screw come out but because one is behind the recoil i loctite it to prevent it coming out in that potentially damaging area. do them all for the heck of it. i almost never have screws come lose on the huskies (at least i can't remember the last time but i'm sure it was while running someone elses saw). alot of it is people limp wristing the screws tight as well. i go over every saw i receive from anyone here before i use it and i have never once received one that was assembled to my liking. whether it be ****** parts, screws 1/16 of a turn tighter then finger tight, or poor craftsmanship it happens so i go over them to be sure nothings gonna **** up. all i can say is alot of guys here should not be selling the saws they build. lol don't bother me as i fix it before it becomes an issue and have grown to expect to have to do what i do but some things could be a real problem for someone just looking to cut wood with no saw repair knowledge at all. i've gotten base gasket deleted saws from people that were supposed to be close the .020 they say but end up being around .012 lol

Back