Guy wants to trade a saw for fire wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He didn't go for any new trade. He offered a beat ass 028 av. That's not my idea of "pick one"

Somebody probably told him what kind of wood Sycamore is. Too bad. I have an enormous sycamore in my yard that's dying. I'm just going to take it all to the dump.

Whether the guy does a trade or not, no way I would hl that much wood to the dump. My stove dont care what kind of wood the tree is as long as it will fit thru the door.
Somebody probably told him what kind of wood Sycamore is. Too bad. I have an enormous sycamore in my yard that's dying. I'm just going to take it all to the dump.
Whether the guy does a trade or not, no way I would haul that much wood to the dump. My stove dont care what kind of wood the tree is as long as it will fit thru the door. Since I would have to cut the tree down and cut to sizable pieces I can handle anyways, Its just one more step to feed it into the stove.

When he said "Pick one" he really meant "I'll pick one." :D

Sycamore has a poor rep for wood heating but it's good campfire fodder. Burns clean and doesn't leave a ton of ash behind.

I have a wood stove so I think I will just keep it and burn it. That was the original plan anyway. Like @muddstopper said my stove doesn't care as long as it fits through the door. I just figured for a little work and some wood I could get a saw.

Whether the guy does a trade or not, no way I would hl that much wood to the dump. My stove dont care what kind of wood the tree is as long as it will fit thru the door.

Whether the guy does a trade or not, no way I would haul that much wood to the dump. My stove dont care what kind of wood the tree is as long as it will fit thru the door. Since I would have to cut the tree down and cut to sizable pieces I can handle anyways, Its just one more step to feed it into the stove.
i agree

I rate Sycamore right up there with Popular, except for the ease of splitting. My splitter dont care what it is, big, little, crooked, twisted, it takes about the same time to split as it does good straight grained stuff. Stack Sycamore off the ground and in the dry, it will last for years, well maybe not at my place because it would be the first wood I burnt until it was all gone.

Back