Husq bars/chains?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grey

Wood junky
Reaction score
I'm mostly a Stihl guy, but got a Husq 543XP for a great price. I was thinking of switching it from 0.325 narrow kerf (Husq H30 / Oregon 95VPX) to Stihl 3/8 Picco PS3. Is this possible? Are there rims and bars that would match this saw to this chain? Please let me know.

It probably is possible to find a 6 tooth spur drum. And the oil pump drive worm gear. The small spline rim sprockets in the larger 3/8 chain are smaller in diameter. They will work but not ideally. Look up the bar for say the 540t or an Oregon mount 095 and 3/8 lp. The genuine picco bars that are a better match to the genuine picco chain in that the rails are a couple or so thousands thicker, at least with laminated bars I have encountered. A Stihl bar, 3005 mount, will need the slot lengthened, and most likely new oil and adjuster holes. Just do not locate the new hole close to a spot weld.

Sounds like way more work and cost than I'm willing to put into this saw. I'll just stick with the 0.325 narrow kerf.

Latest posts

Back