Shopping for new stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not having much luck, wanting to replace my old circulater type (Ashley knockoff).

stove_zpsytzk20dv.jpg

I really need an "end load" with the door on the right side to fit that space. So far have only found one, a Hearthstone - I don't want one of those as it is a soapstone type. even had one dealer tell me he had dropped that line due to the soapstone breakage problem. I also want the fire to start heating the room when I fire it up, not wait for it to warm up a bunch of rock first.

Did find a Jotul end load but it has the door on the wrong end and can't be ordered the other way around.

Anyone know of any others?

At this point it looks like I will have to settle for a Blaze King Princess model and add oneof those floor protector things in front of it.

I was looking for the same thing. It was to replace an old VC Defiant. I found exactly what you did. I ended up with an Englander NC30 and I couldn't be happier.

I second the Jotul. I have the Oslo and love the side load door. Like you have seen, it is left hand loading. I believe the 600 is the next size up as well. Should be a very good, reliable stove. Good luck on your search!

After h itting a few dealers I am beginning to think of keeping hte old stove. Will still be checking out the F600 Jotul though.

Firboxes in the new stoves seem to be small. I have around 80 cords in hte stash, all split to fit a big box.

Did find a front load that will work at ziegler's in Lewiston, Id about $2,000 installed. Box is dubious though.

My buddy bought a new ashley last year.
Paris farmers union in maine.
Like 800bucks.
bad news is they really opened her up for emisions, need about 8-5/8" bolts to fill in the holes they put in ash door for thermostat to even do anything. Thing just wants to roar all the time. Not half as good as my old monitor.

The woodstock progress hybrid is side load and takes long splits.

Thanks for that. I am leery of soapstone as my local dealer in "Hearthstone" (soapstone stoves) quit selling them due to a breakage problem with the stones. He said he had to buy back a couple and had to rebuild almost every one due to breakage when delivered.

Thanks for that. I am leery of soapstone as my local dealer in "Hearthstone" (soapstone stoves) quit selling them due to a breakage problem with the stones. He said he had to buy back a couple and had to rebuild almost every one due to breakage when delivered.
This stove has the stones more decorative I think it has steel internals pricy though.

I have run mine one season thus far only hang up is a sticky damper when hot and my door gasket. They sent gasket with cement no charge. If you need side load its nice. The thing cranks heat. The ash pan is amazing.

Back