Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5942805b9818053c6a5e0d3fcb29930b.jpg
70989eba953b2d3543fde4533c3a6ef3.jpg

Grabbed this at a swap meet today for $15. Did I do ok or get screwed? Never owned a pioneer. Fueled it, adjusted the carb, and replaced some missing muffler screws and it seems to run and oil fine. I need a air filter cover for it if anyone has one. It's a model 1074 btw.

So being that this saw doesn't have an H needle in the carb, do you just set the L needle for highest idle rpm, re-adjust idle speed and give er hell and not worry about it or is there a different way to tune this? Never tuned a saw with only an L needle.
Also, will a holiday II air filter cover fit this?

Beavers, that is quite a collection. Now I don't feel bad for owning a dozen of them. Do you have a PP655? I got one a year and a half ago at the recommendation of Hillwilliam and they are badass saws. I really enjoy it.

P61, I've got at least one P52 that I'm going to be selling later this summer. Not sure if you're dead set on a 51 or if a 52 will do the trick. It needs to be gone through, cleaned up, and the usual fuel lines, filter, carb kit , etc . It's been sitting for many years but everything looks to be in good shape.

l do not have a PP655 here yet but their is space on my shelf for a 655BP if l can find one black and poulan yellow colour.
l do have new parts though for PP655 here for future projects.
Congratulations to you on your recent purchase and l suppose you are taking care of the Bad Boy.
Undecisive at the moment on your P52. lf you wish you could PM me some pics of you r stuff and will consider from their.

So being that this saw doesn't have an H needle in the carb, do you just set the L needle for highest idle rpm, re-adjust idle speed and give er hell and not worry about it or is there a different way to tune this? Never tuned a saw with only an L needle.
Wish I could help more but have not tuned a carb like that don't know much about that saw

Thanks Tim. lts alot of work & tinkering but l can see the finish line now.
l had to split the case twice and replace the C-case gasket again because it would not pass a pressure/vac test.
That was a pain.
The gasket material that l would normally use did not seal pressure on this saw.
l ended up going to use a little thicker material.

Brian

Thanks Tim. lts alot of work & tinkering but l can see the finish line now.
l had to split the case twice and replace the C-case gasket again because it would not pass a pressure/vac test.
That was a pain.
The gasket material that l would normally use did not seal pressure on this saw.
l ended up going to use a little thicker material.

Brian
Looking good. Did your saw have the two stage reed on it.

Anyone know on this air filter cover? If the holiday II cover will fit?

Latest posts

Back