Standard carb ms261 back again ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran my carby 261 2 1/2 hours in red oak Saturday a.m. 16" bar, 3/8 pitch chain. I was shocked at how little fuel it used. I ran the 046 most of the winter and had totally forgotten how miserly the 261 is. Hope I have no problems, but so far it's a keeper.

It's getting hard to keep track of the different versions of all the still saws!

Looking forward to pics :)

I know right. I'm trying to figure out when I can get in to his shop to pick one up. I unfortunately have obligations all week.

T98,

On behalf of myself and the rest of Planet Earth, you're relieved of all other responsibilities and obligations.

Your mission, should you choose too accept it, involves assembling a top notch team, covert infiltration of your local saw shop, the procurement of this phantom saw in question, and a full report of all specs and capabilities.

And should you or any member of your team be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow all knowledge of your actions.

This message will self distruct in 5 seconds.....

Stihl has gone back in time... Wow I'd never of thought it

Sweet!

You're alright T98!

Boy, that looks a bit different. Will you please weigh the power head while it's still dry? I'm aware that the new version Mtronic model weighs 10.8lbs but I'm dead curious to see if there's any difference with your new non-Mtronic.

Thanks!

Sweet!

You're alright T98!

Boy, that looks a bit different. Will you please weigh the power head while it's still dry? I'm aware that the new version Mtronic model weighs 10.8lbs but I'm dead curious to see if there's any difference with your new non-Mtronic.

Thanks!
Had ball games tonight so I just got home. Have softball tomorrow too and a big day at work so I'll mess with it Friday hopefully.

I want my money back. What a heavy pig.
image.jpg

10lbs 15 oz. that equates to 10.93lbs. I won't guarantee my scale is correct but who cares, it's a tenth of a lb on a chainsaw.

Full of fluids with 18" .325 Sugi and 20lpx. 14lbs 9.5oz or 14.6lbs

View attachment 513581

BINGO!

I was hoping they incorporated all of the parts that made the 2016 V2 as light as it is. I just couldn't see if it had the same shaved-down cylinder head from your first pick. Other than the head and new style cover, I'm still not sure how it lost 0.80 lbs

That saw, bar, and chain combo looks to be the way to go, love it. Where/who did you buy that bar from?

Thanks,

-Pat

Edit: Btw, thanks for taking the time too weigh it. It would've bugged to death still wondering...Lol!

BINGO!

I was hoping they incorporated all of the parts that made the 2016 V2 as light as it is. I just couldn't see if it had the same shaved-down cylinder head from your first pick. Other than the head and new style cover, I'm still not sure how it lost 0.80 lbs

That saw, bar, and chain combo looks to be the way to go, love it. Where/who did you buy that bar from?

Thanks,

-Pat

Edit: Btw, thanks for taking the time too weigh it. It would've bugged to death still wondering...Lol!
No problem. I was a bit curious too. Bar came from Weedeaterman. Chain came from the reel under my workbench. It feels pretty nice in the hands with this setup.

It's a pity they didn't fix the real issues with the model, the inboard clutch and the bulk.

That saw is just fine like it is.

I'm going to source one for me to go along with my "Bulky" 261 non cm.

Thank You for talking horribly about them: hopefully I will be able to find one without much trouble.

Back