Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Just picked up a Craftsman 2.1 on eBay. It's a Poulan micro with red paint, but I don't know if it has auto oiling. It has the manual oiler button, but does anyone know if it also oils automatically? Not running yet, I've got to put new fuel line and filter on it and go thru the carb.

Mine didn't, & what's nice is you don't have to buy a $25 auto oiler diaphragm either, LOL. That's a smaller 34 cc, versus a 38cc S25, at only 1.4375" bore. Definite not a micro...MM would put a knot on your head for calling it that.

Go to Sears Direct website and type in model number 358.350842, download the manual, then look at pages 19 & 20 for the manual only oil pump.

I just rebuilt a "like new" clone to that, an orange colored Dayton like the Wright 121, and it's got a lot of snort for a small limbing saw. Has a stack muffler that is way too loud for my neighbors...I need to swap it out for a canned one.
Stihl handle rubber, custom cut bumper dawg, air box & muffler gaskets

View attachment 513202 View attachment 513203

Mine didn't, & what's nice is you don't have to buy a $25 auto oiler diaphragm either, LOL. That's a smaller 34 cc, versus a 38cc S25, at only 1.4375" bore. Definite not a micro...MM would put a knot on your head for calling it that.

Go to Sears Direct website and type in model number 358.350842, then look at pages 19 & 20 for the manual only oil pump.

I just rebuilt a "like new" clone to that, an orange colored Dayton like the Wright 121, and it's got a lot of snort for a small limbing saw. Has a stack muffler that is way too loud for my neighbors...I need to swap it out for a canned one.
I thought all the xx, xxv, s25's, etc. were referred to as micro's. My bad.

Same venturi size, same choke shaft. Different PN on the throttle shaft.

You may have to bend up your own throttle link (wire link between the trigger and the carb throttle shaft) for the WJ as I have no idea if it is the same as the SDC link.
The Poulan link for the WJ 38 is 507430830 which can still be had on line for $3 plus shipping

Same venturi size, same choke shaft. Different PN on the throttle shaft.

You may have to bend up your own throttle link (wire link between the trigger and the carb throttle shaft) for the WJ as I have no idea if it is the same as the SDC link.
The Poulan link for the WJ 38 is 507430830 which can still be had on line for $3 plus shipping
ok cool I have spent $20 on lotto tickets and had nothing to show this way I will have a WJ 20 to show for it.
Thanks I will keep you posted . Hope it works

I posted a walbro SDC question on chainsaw board has pics and all the info . It's for my 655bp if you get a chance take a look .
I know a WJ was stock but the 21-85 came on the P62 Western so fuel delivery should not be a problem.
I just don't want to screw it up

The 21-85 is a great replacement for the wj, the only thing that is really different is the inlet hose barb, the one on the sdc is larger. Same throttle link.

Yes. The wedge, usually called a bumper or foot also keeps the chain out of the dirt if you use it properly. Using it any other way is dangerous. Used as designed they are quite safe but you can't fix stupid. The bars have a very large rotational kick back area.

They were made for cutting pulp wood that had been felled. Saved many a back I guess.
Bow saws all we had when I was growing up, never saw a straight bar til I was 13. Tried a straight bar and didn't likem, of course with the government man date we're stuck with them.

Steve

The 21-85 is a great replacement for the wj, the only thing that is really different is the inlet hose barb, the one on the sdc is larger. Same throttle link.
Does anybody have more info about the 21-85,what model is it on walbro's site,venturi size anything.I have been trying to find more info without much luck. thanks in advance

I have looked through most of the Walbro literature and can fin nothing on a 21-85. I still think that's a PN for the pump side cover but it doesn't register either. If you could pull the carb apart and see if there's any other numbers on the body there might be something on yours. Just a guy couldn't find anything on his. Maybe the Japan built carbs didn't mark the model number on them. Walbro is very good at having lists and info on discontinued carbs so......

I know I have looked everywhere and came up empty.Kind of driving me nuts,maybe later today I will take mine off and look again.Pretty sure last time i looked i found nothing and it's the original carb.Not sure about the japan built carbs or what era they were from.I was told by rottmans that its a sdc 80 but no 80 markings anywhere.

I have lost my mind . Went back to Walbro and Google images I think I have Frankenstein. I have not found JAPAN in a circle on anything Found JAPAN on WB model For RC planes (in a straight line)
Flying giants I think . I did order a NIB WJ 20 on ebay should have on Monday

Too bad you couldn't try a WB-2 but I doubt it would fit under the cover. The Super 650 Homelite I have wears one. It's huge.

Description Part #
Part Name WB-2-1
Venturi (mm) 23.83
Does anybody have more info about the 21-85,what model is it on walbro's site,venturi size anything.I have been trying to find more info without much luck. thanks in advance

Too bad you couldn't try a WB-2 but I doubt it would fit under the cover. The Super 650 Homelite I have wears one. It's huge.

Description Part #
Part Name WB-2-1
Venturi (mm) 23.83
Did not get to take carb off but no other numbers on outside,venturi measures 19mm though.Wow that wb-2 is huge,may have to keep an eye out for one and use it with my v-stack.

Latest posts

Back