• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Silvey 300 round grinder - price drop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
The silvey 300 round grinder I have is converted to 511/511ax/Oregon knock off grinding wheels. This grinder runs forward and reverse to always run into the cutter.

Runs and grinds just as it should

Pics coming...

$375 + shipping

The arbor has been changed out to run the more readily available Oregon or Oregon knock off stones. You can also use an oregon CBN on it now

bd41622840550a448da7d7addcb6294a.jpg

f8881f807c7370bc6c541a88ed82b1c6.jpg

ef29d0e9fd04d00db36888d0ed54b8ca.jpg

854e1f1c59677bf710e42009f06b4bf7.jpg

b1fbdb87ad20572bd5c8ea73b6e16026.jpg

Bump: $325 shipped

Really guys? It's been converted to Oregon grinding wheels so you don't have to buy Silvey branded wheels. Has positive locking chain vice so your tooth doesn't move during grinding and no need to clamp the tooth every time you move the chain forward. The up and down adjustment allows you to set the wheel to grind symmetrically no matter how far you grind down your stone. These also have a very short throw so you aren't pulling your grinder head down 5-6 inches every time you grind a cutter. Didn't think this would be a hard sell as they are top of the line grinder...

maybe guys here are finally getting realistic and realizing they don't need a grinder to sharpen 3 chains a year. :D or maybe they're being hardcore unrealistic and not settling for anything but a square grinder to do 3 chains a year? regardless, if i had $325 US clams to spare it would be heading my way.

How does the clamp work? It uses a 6" or 8" wheel? I have a whole pile of 8" wheels, 1" arbor (I think) but no grinder for them.

Killer price man, I wouldn't let mine go for that.
Btw, for you guys running 300's... A Silvey 510 wheel at the end of its lifespan will just fit on a 300. So if you have a local shop running the 510s... Ask them to save the wheels when they are done with them.
A local shop to me uses the 510s and sometimes they'll let me buy their used wheels for a good price (I do like running the Silvey wheels, even though I don't grind a whole lot anymore).

How does the clamp work? It uses a 6" or 8" wheel? I have a whole pile of 8" wheels, 1" arbor (I think) but no grinder for them.

It's not actually a clamp at all, which is the beauty of the grinder. It has 2 pawls (for left and right side cutters) that rest against the back of the tooth. When the wheel comes in contact with the chain, the pawl holds tension on the chain. It makes grinding quick, because their is no clamping, and the operator can hand feed the chain as fast as they can grind the chain.

Is it sold and can u square grind and do full chisel with a silvey sorry for ques.

I have a Simington square grinder for sale. It'd be expensive to ship though.

This grinder... 8" or6"? If 8" I'll buy it.

Sold and couldn't be going to a better guy. Thanks Heath! @hseII

Is it sold and can u square grind and do full chisel with a silvey sorry for ques.
Any grinder can sharpen full chisel but only a square grinder can do square grind.

I have a Simington square grinder for sale. It'd be expensive to ship though.

This grinder... 8" or6"? If 8" I'll buy it.
Reasonable deduction Oregon grinding wheels are 5.75" so this is not a 8" grinder. It's sold anyhow.

Latest posts

Back