New 'burb equipment & noodling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We were searching for parts for our 1994ish Craftsman rider (steering issue) and found a newer Craftsman that is a parts match for the old rider. New one is in perfect running condition. Got the new Craftsman, the lawn cart pictured, a grass/leaf attachment and a fertilizer spreader for a total of $150. Here's the set up for our latest splitting job:

100_0306.jpg

And here are the victims that I noddled - okay, most of them were in various stages of being hollow - but, this was the first time I 'noodled':

100_0308.jpg

We also split up about 1/2 cord of oak. Total between the noodled ones plus smaller pieces (maple?) and oak was around 1 cord.

All done for this year. Hey! "Done" sounds good.

Shari

Last edited:
Somebody is seeing some hard times for you to get that good a deal.I like the setup.

Somebody is seeing some hard times for you to get that good a deal.I like the setup.[/QUOTE

I came to understand there was a divorce. The 'new' Craftsman is about a 1996-7 model, had a broken deck bracket. We just happened to have a bracket from our old Craftsman as the old one's deck took a dump years ago.

Shari

nice setup

have any more pictures or specs of your splitter?
looks like a cable operated log lift?

Hey Shari, My new helpers, about 7 months now. Sky and Bell, English springers. They have been really good at debarking various splits and re-arranging the kindling when I am not looking.

Hey Shari, My new helpers, about 7 months now. Sky and Bell, English springers. They have been really good at debarking various splits and re-arranging the kindling when I am not looking.

I don't believe they could do anything wrong
just look at those innocent faces :)

Blades - I'm a softy for dogs - good looking 'brace' of dogs you have there. Bring them over some time - they can de-bark all they want around here.

You had asked in another thread how my saw was doing - that's why I posted my noodle results. I also had about a 1/2 cord of oak that had to be cut to length so had some bonding time with my saw doing that. I'm looking at the new Timberline Chainsaw sharpener - might be easier for me.

Shari

I looked up that sharpener, and I remember another note about it a while back. You will have to critique it for us here if you decide to take the plunge on it. Looks real handy for field use for those that have difficulty with a file and a good guide.

Just got the word back on my 7900 Dolmar ( the older one) crankshaft seals are leaking. Ordered all the parts - winter project, Dealer wanted close to $500 to do the work including the parts (parts $115).

Somebody is seeing some hard times for you to get that good a deal.I like the setup.[/QUOTE

I came to understand there was a divorce. The 'new' Craftsman is about a 1996-7 model, had a broken deck bracket. We just happened to have a bracket from our old Craftsman as the old one's deck took a dump years ago.

Shari

...of all the luck....I sure wish I could find a divorced woman to get good deals from....wait...that saying be carefull of what you ask...you just might get it...:bang::bang::bang:

I have just acquired a Didier wood splitter with leaking cylinder. I was looking for a manual to rebuild it. It is a panther 1 model. Does anybody have a copy I can get? Thank you

Click on my name on the left and send me your email address - I will send you 2 files.....

Shari

Latest posts

Back