Plastic Stihl Oil Pump Tool (Pump Install Depth?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveSr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to cobble together a tool to remove and install these press fit oil pumps in the 1123 series (025, MS250) saws. Removal is not a big deal. However they need to be installed to the correct depth in the crankcase for the oil exit hole to line up properly.

If someone has the Stihl tool and an old oil pump you can measure the install depth by installing the pump onto the tool and then measuring the distance from the bottom of the pump and the stop face on the tool. The number should be in the 0.150" - 0.190" range. If anyone can help out I can post dimensions and pictures of my finished tool.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks so much for looking! After looking at the Ebay posting of the tool I think that the adapters with threads are the removal tools and the ones without are the install tools. Also from the Ebay posting there are apparently two different versions for the 025/MS250 depending which version of the crankcase you have. Does your measured adapter have any indication stamped on it as to whether it is 1123 or 1123/01? I need to go check the I.D. of the connector pipe to determine which version I have.

The only marks that I can see are "1123" on the install adapter. This one is apparently for the 021/023/025 series with the older tank version. Luckily, this is the one that I need right now :)! I did a quick check on an MS210 tank and the pump is considerably deeper. It would be nice to gather all of these adapters up and measure and post the dimensions (install depth) for the different pumps in each case.

When I pushed mine in I used the same bolt and it went so far and stopped. It appeared to be at the right depth and contacts the worm perfectly. I wonder if some Stihl cases were changed. I wonder also if maybe mine had been in so long that it made a shoulder in the plastic case and that's what mine stopped on.

I noticed on ebay they sell the complete case with many parts already installed except the engine for around $24, that does include the oil pump.

Back