Partner P100/ PRO MAC 1000 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astnmacgto

Carnac The Magnificent
Reaction score
Does anybody know if this saw has a limited coil on it? I don't know much about the partner saws, and if it is limited is there a coil for those saws that is unlimited? Thanks in advance
ADLM

I had a bad coil on a K700 cut off saw a while back, and I stuck this coil on it that a buddy sent me in a parts lot that was black. It rev'd to the moon!
I should have tach'd it to see how high it actually reached. Sounded dangerous.20130730_154638.jpg

No, these saws did not have a limited coil. They do have a governed carb, however.

The saw in question, it's pretty dirty as I haven't had a chance to clean it since I bought it, which raises another carb question does anyone have the plastic 90° elbow that snaps on the the fuel inlet or know where I can buy one, I need one

There is a passage in the carb closed off with a steel ball, held in place by a spring. When speed rises high enough the ball lifts off its seat and dumps fuel behind the venturi.

Mmmmm very interesting, that explains my limited coil question, which means my governor is working like it should I'll have to do some fine tuning with the saw under load, thank you so much for the knowledge, ADLM

Back