Stihl bars and chains on a Dolmar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
We own and manage forest land and have always used Stihl saws and accessories to do so.

A neighboring land owner has been asking to buy our MS361 for years and, after a lot of slow research, I'm interested in replacing the saw I just mentioned with a Dolmar 7910.

I read an old thread in which adapters for Stihl bars were recommended, but, in the same thread, the SawTroll wrote that the oiling holes will not match up.

We have Stihl bars and [a lot of] chains that are bought and paid for; hence, our interest in using what we have on the big Dolmar...and, by the way, the bar on the MS361 and the Dolmar are both the 20" variety...

Thanks in advance for any productive thoughts...

The 7910 is one good saw. You will probably forget all about that stihl in short order. I think @fordf150 has adapters for that.

It is odd if I said the oiler holes will not lign up between the Stihl mount of the 361 (Stihl 3003/D025) and the Dolmar 7900 (large Husky/D009 mount), as they will. They will between most (if not all) bar mounts that start with "D" in the Oregon system, as these do.

If your bar is an OEM Stihl you may have to lengthen the slot in the bar though, and the adaptors made for Husky saws with the D009 (like the Cannon ones, most often found) will not work on the Dolmar saw without modifications, as the distance between the bar bolts is different.
There are other adaptors that are specially made for the Dolmar, it is just a matter of finding them - or you can just make simple ring adaptors that fit around the bar bolts and inside the slot of the Stihl bar.
@Homelite410 may be able to help you.

I assume he can, as he used to make adaptors for the Dolmar saws.

Back