The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made one from a small lift boom ,tongs hang from it ,i got my skid loader wisvonsin engine rebuilt ,do i have been mobing logs with the forks on it ,i can do much more work fast with the forls and no dirt gets ground into the logs ,nect time i have the boom on will snap a photo
I got tired of chasing logs around with the tines, so I got this.

Grapple5.jpg

I got tired of chasing logs around with the tines, so I got this.

View attachment 521155
That would tip my lil skid loader over ,lol ,i have tracktah envy with you guys larger machines .My forks i stole off an old forklift move wood though .This cedar pile will get milled up into something when i need material later .not very big stuff ,but had to go to clear a section for grass .hybrid dirty ,log pile 181.jpg hybrid dirty ,log pile 182.jpg

That would tip my lil skid loader over ,lol ,i have tracktah envy with you guys larger machines .My forks i stole off an old forklift move wood though .This cedar pile will get milled up into something when i need material later .not very big stuff ,but had to go to clear a section for grass .View attachment 521160 View attachment 521161
I'll get you a picture of a farmi trailer we have it'd be perfect for what you're doing but you'd need a larger tractor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It's just like this but we don't have a head on it just a set of grapples. http://farmiforest.fi/product/farmi...er-with-chainsaw-on-farmi-100-forest-trailer/

That may be overkill for what little stuff i do ,i can actually get a lot moved fairly fast with the skid steer with forks ,3-4 foot thick trees i need to cut shorter like 8 or 12 foot lengths ,but that's the size my boards end up anyways when i mill them ,This is about the max size the skid loader likes sawmill bark yamalube 660 004 sm.jpg sawmill bark yamalube 660 005 sm.jpg

That may be overkill for what little stuff i do ,i can actually get a lot moved fairly fast with the skid steer with forks ,3-4 foot thick trees i need to cut shorter like 8 or 12 foot lengths ,but that's the size my boards end up anyways when i mill them ,This is about the max size the skid loader likes View attachment 521162 View attachment 521163
Oh yeah skid steers are the best offroad forklifts one of the most useful pieces of equipment we have ever bought. Heck we use to use ours in the Christmas trees with a stand up baler. And there's no such thing as overkill you just haven't found the max uses for it yet.

I thought you were about to say "it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it, capiche?":D

Brian wouldn't treat me that way. He was one of the first here to help me out with some parts. I'm still looking for a way to return the favor. Maybe a spare set of FJ80 Land Cruiser keys - I hear they make great skidders, capiche.

Ron

Yes. I have a top link cylinder. One of the best "mods" I have on the tractor. Makes grabbing logs with the tongs from the seat easy. Also helps avoid stabbing things with the forks which really stresses the frame and the 3 point hitch. Ron

IMG_2548.JPG

Oh yeah skid steers are the best offroad forklifts one of the most useful pieces of equipment we have ever bought. Heck we use to use ours in the Christmas trees with a stand up baler. And there's no such thing as overkill you just haven't found the max uses for it yet.

That would be a cool toy if i could stack car bodies with it
crush cars 7-7-15 004.JPG

Guess I'll put this here.

With a little luck, and the mail lady not cashing my check.

By this time next week I'll have pictures of my new ho, shes only 23 so ya know its sorta legal, weighs 12 metric tons, really likes to get in there and dig for it...

Hitachi ex120, around 6-7000 hrs, needs track attention soon, but the boom is tight and the bucket isn't horribly sloppy, good strong motor, all the windows is in her, I think the heat and ac might even work... which is going to be hard to get used to. Currently set for Deere controls... which is horribly awkward... but easy to fix. The crazy thing is there is only a few small dents in the access doors, and most of the original paint on the counter weight is still there.

Comes with one largish dig bucket, its quick change, not sure if its wedge or pin grabber... didn't look to close at that, and a thumb...

Gonna need some name Idears, She's originally Japanese... but naturalized...

P.S. Sold Candie, she was a good hoe, but not up to what I needed out of her...

Next up is CDL, and a tandem Dump, and bigger equipment trailer... or not...

Back