• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Ms440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I paid for mine. If in good condition, that saw is worth it and so is the one shown above. My 046 performed flawlessly yesterday in big maple with a 25" bar. I've pulled a 32" with it on occasion. I imagine a good-running 440 would do the same trick.
046 blows it away, but it is also heavier.
Now a 460 cylinder on a 440:chainsaw:.
I enjoy my 044, buy it's really not in the same class as an 046 when you start running larger bars.
Here's the 460 with a 25 on some white oak I cut cookies with for a landscape project, I would not have cut lots of 20"+ cookies with my 044 unless I had no other options.20160530_193015.jpeg20160530_202506.jpeg Also I still have the bar cover lol.
Hope your buddy is liking his new saw:).

046 blows it away, but it is also heavier.
Now a 460 cylinder on a 440:chainsaw:.
I enjoy my 044, buy it's really not in the same class as an 046 when you start running larger bars.
Here's the 460 with a 25 on some white oak I cut cookies with for a landscape project, I would not have cut lots of 20"+ cookies with my 044 unless I had no other options.View attachment 522798View attachment 522800 Also I still have the bar cover lol.
Hope your buddy is liking his new saw:).
It's still in transit. Sometimes UPS is slow as molasses in January. Those are really nice Pics. That bar and chain was adjusted right on the nose. The B/C condition probably has as much if not more to do with cutting that horsepower.

It's still in transit. Sometimes UPS is slow as molasses in January. Those are really nice Pics. That bar and chain was adjusted right on the nose. The B/C condition probably has as much if not more to do with cutting that horsepower.
Nice, they were a bit late with one for me last week. That's funny you say that, I have a hard time getting my .325 chains to cut straight at all, I prefer.375. I am very particular with my bars though lol.
I'm sure those were cut with a bar that looked just like this if not one of them :laugh:.20160901_165558.jpg

Back