Flat Top Bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all at AS.Are early 066 flat top bearings and seals hard to get in USA?I believe it may not be cost effective to replace these.I love my flat top and would hate to just leave it in the corner of the shed if i had bearing/seal problems with mine (red eye).
Cheers,Chris

I don't know about the US, but they shouldn't be too hard to get here in Europe.
If you are truly interested, I can ask my friendly Stihl dealership after they reopen (family-run business, they worked all August and are now on vacation): they started out by selling Contra's and are specialized in repairing old Stihl's.

Thanks for replies.Haven't checked with local stihl dealer in Aussie,but have read on other posts on net that they are hard to get and expensive.More so the bearings than seals I believe.
Cheers,Chris.

Am I correct in saying the bearings stayed the same from the 066 (redeye) to the MS660 but the seals changed.Or the clutch side bearing/seal changed but flywheel side stayed the same.Or the flywheel side bearing/seal changed but clutch side stayed the some.Or none of the above.
Cheers,Chris.

Thanks all for replies.This is a very early red eye saw (1991 I think), I know they changed after 1995.Maybe reading to much into it.
Cheers,Chris.

1991-1995 means bearings (and a few other parts at least) for it are still available thorough the Stihldelaership network.

Back