Help me fill a Toolbox for member Hoskvarna!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grinding concrete today.
ba06b81f11bba2e2d64b2f6f73f3bde9.jpg

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Gotta remember to mask up, or it'll feel like someone took a wire brush to your sinuses for the next three weeks. :D

Amusingly, even with the surface being watered, sloshed with various fluids to extend the life of the cutting head, and the best of masks, you're still gonna be covered head to toe, and in every crevice of your body you never knew you had, with cement dust. :nofunny: And the crap will still get into your sinuses. Good times, good times.

Seeing this shook loose some rust flakes in my brain, and I remembered something. This looks like the first phase for when they do those faux marble finishes. Look around the interwebs, and sure enough, it CAN be done. Although a faux marble finish in a pole barn would be exceedingly silly.

And it even goes beyond that apparently. They also have metallic flake, in case you wanna relive those 70s-80s paint jobs. http://theconcreteprotector.com/metallic-marble-stains/ :D

Seeing this shook loose some rust flakes in my brain, and I remembered something. This looks like the first phase for when they do those faux marble finishes. Look around the interwebs, and sure enough, it CAN be done. Although a faux marble finish in a pole barn would be exceedingly silly.

And it even goes beyond that apparently. They also have metallic flake, in case you wanna relive those 70s-80s paint jobs. http://theconcreteprotector.com/metallic-marble-stains/ :D
that's why I said the paint.....easy to clean up after,,and really durable..i dont know about oil spills tho.. tho I would think it wouldn't bother......

I painted the floor of my workshop with the two part epoxy, I didn't bother to spread the black and white "flakes". If you drop an I beam it will chip, but it is pretty durable and does make clean up pretty easy. Also, becomes rather slippery when wet so keep that in mind, perhaps the flakes would help.

To paint as large an area as your shop you'd better have at lease two people working on it, one to start rolling the first batch of paint once it's mixed and another to start mixing the next batch. You don't want to get too far behind on the painting side of the equation because it does begin to set up pretty quickly.

Mark

All stains didn't come out but it is smooth.
e6a1d3f8bc4e709d9e2578bff94ac9f5.jpg
cb22b81f0e3ab8e36a5ddad81fc325b9.jpg

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Got small doors operating
d26d3c1c63c53fc15aa20a3157254ea4.jpg

Put up big door panels up.
Overhead track yet to put up.
c841245691b9fa63f557825ea5ad8063.jpg
08316e6d5b302b930d0cf357108ac90f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back