Log Splitter table design and ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I know this has been posted before, a lot seem older and there pictures cant be seen anymore.
So I have a horizontal Northstar I-beam splitter that I'd like to have a nice table fabricated for to hold splits. Please post any pictures of designs and such to share if youd like. I had just seen (cant find it) a post where someone had made one with tubes spaced apart to allow small splits and debri to fall through.

Im gonna have to do it from my computer, using Tapatalk limits the results I guess.

first thing I did when I bought my TSC splitter back in 2000 was weld angle iron "brackets" going off the I-beam away form the splitter and to a 90 degree vertical. I guessed at the spacing so that spits would stay on the brackets and debris would fall through. Works great going on 16+ years now.

This is my splitter
2f0ad561215af7ad9db3ab747ab689a4.jpg

I assume your hitch is going to cause you some grief when building a table. Maybe make it so that it folds up out of the way? I just remembered that I added extensions onto the Speeco. This design would likely work for yours.
View attachment 528042
Yes it would be in the way. I am planning on having permanent sides mounted and a larger table that can slide into the sides, that can be removed and mounted when needed. Although folding up would be cool also. Ideas like that are exactly why I restarted my own thread on this. Thank you Cantoo.

I assume your hitch is going to cause you some grief when building a table. Maybe make it so that it folds up out of the way? I just remembered that I added extensions onto the Speeco. This design would likely work for yours.
View attachment 528042
Is that a pipe added to that motor?

I whipped one up for mine, in like 20 minutes, with scrap 7ga material I had laying around. It has worked pretty well, but I need to make a (smaller) one for the side I stand on, though, as well.

IMG_20160501_140927493.jpg IMG_20160501_142642364_HDR.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg 0928120958.jpg
Okay, there is probably copyright issues on the second photo (it was a birthday card a few years back) but not the nice big large splitter table built of scrap and can be used on either side. The one with wheels is what I stage rounds on. It's not the splitter table, just to be clear. Then again, I guess it is one of sorts.
0524121227.jpg

This is the table my predator came with, it drops into vertical pipes welded onto the beam, and can be removed quickly by lifting up.
It is retained by a clip or pin just like a draw bar for a trailer hitch has a locking clip on the Retainer pin.
I use a ramp to get the heavy rounds up onto the table, and haven't had a round heavy enough to bend the table.
The rods it is welded from are similar to rebar from a bridge or large building

Attachments

• 20160829_174250.jpg
    20160829_174250.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Hello,
About 10 years or so ago I made an outfeed table for my splitter. I made it out of pipe with them spaced about 2" apart. For the most part it has worked fine, but once in a while a crooked piece will dip down in between the pipes while splitting and start to push and bend the table. I usually catch it before anything gets damaged but it is something that I have to watch for. It would probably be better if I skinned it with some thin sheet metal. So you might want to make your table solid on the top to avoid these problems.

Henry and Wanda

Back