28 ton splitter spool valve?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok I have a Speeco split master 28 ton splitter the spool valve has been leaking since day one. I was dragging my feet and never sent in for warranty. Anyway I found this valve on ebay at half the price speeco wants with free shipping. I wonder if anyone has tried this valve? Is it any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydraulic-L...500579?hash=item43be0050e3:g:mFkAAOxy-gBR7zdw
Hydraulic Log Splitter Valve, 25 gpm, 3500 psi, Adjustable Detent, NEW, A7 by Tool-Tuff
Log Splitter Valve, Adjustable Detent.
Single spool, Open center.

· Max pressure rating: 3500psi.

· Relief valve set at 3000psi but is adjustable.

· Working ports ½”NPT.

· In/Out ports ¾” NPT

· Detent Pressure set at 700 psi but is adjustable.

· Compatible with most splitters (SpeeCo, MTD, Brave, Swisher etc)

· Screw off end cap for easily detent pressure adjustability

This is the next generation in log splitter valves. The detent is usually what wears out and causes valves to fail. This valve allows user to adjust the kick out pressure to what they need and as detent balls and grooves wear.

Ok I have a Speeco split master 28 ton splitter the spool valve has been leaking since day one. I was dragging my feet and never sent in for warranty. Anyway I found this valve on ebay at half the price speeco wants with free shipping. I wonder if anyone has tried this valve? Is it any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydraulic-L...500579?hash=item43be0050e3:g:mFkAAOxy-gBR7zdw
Hydraulic Log Splitter Valve, 25 gpm, 3500 psi, Adjustable Detent, NEW, A7 by Tool-Tuff
Log Splitter Valve, Adjustable Detent.
Single spool, Open center.

· Max pressure rating: 3500psi.

· Relief valve set at 3000psi but is adjustable.

· Working ports ½”NPT.

· In/Out ports ¾” NPT

· Detent Pressure set at 700 psi but is adjustable.

· Compatible with most splitters (SpeeCo, MTD, Brave, Swisher etc)

· Screw off end cap for easily detent pressure adjustability

This is the next generation in log splitter valves. The detent is usually what wears out and causes valves to fail. This valve allows user to adjust the kick out pressure to what they need and as detent balls and grooves wear.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252453110221 this is an Energy Valve very durable. I had one on my first splitter used it for 10 years without a problem.

The valve shown may not have the correct port orientation. Is the valve mounted directly to cylinder or mounted to one side with hoses going to each end of the cylinder? There is a Speeco just below in the same listing from Surplus center that is cheaper and is more likely to fit

That same company Tool-Tuff makes a identical valve same price with reverse ports for some other splitters but this is the one they say fits Speeco splitters. I decided to give it a try I will report back when I get it. I like the idea of the adjustable kick out, the detent on my old leaking one was worn out after 3 years, it sucks when the valve keeps kicking off before the ram is fully returned.

I got the new valve in my first post last week and installed it yesterday. It was a perfect match for my speeco 28 ton splitter and works like a charm, no more leak. I run atf and even a small leak gets expensive. The auto return detent feels a lot better than with the valve it originally came with.

Back