562xp vs 555 vs 6100 stock shoot out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what Im seeing if someone wanted a factory hotrod without doing a MM or porting it would be hard to go wrong with the 6100

Exactly! If a guy wants the fanciest 60cc saw there is, sure, go get a 562 with a wrap and a light weight bar and have the thing ported. That's gonna top a grand though.

A 6100 ain't gonna cut quite that fast, but it ain't gonna break the bank either. There's actually a dealer advertising a sale price on them on Craigslist near me of $500. I don't need one by any stretch of the imagination, but I sure thought about it...

Exactly! If a guy wants the fanciest 60cc saw there is, sure, go get a 562 with a wrap and a light weight bar and have the thing ported. That's gonna top a grand though.

A 6100 ain't gonna cut quite that fast, but it ain't gonna break the bank either. There's actually a dealer advertising a sale price on them on Craigslist near me of $500. I don't need one by any stretch of the imagination, but I sure thought about it...
I won a 550 in a raffle that turn out to be a lemon so they replaced with this 562 I have with a rap bar for 200$.

Ok finally up loaded.
I just averaged the fastest 3 cuts.
The 555 averaged 17.6 sec a cut
The 562 xp averaged 16.6 sec a cut
The 6100 averaged 15.3 sec a cut.

Thanks for sharing the video. Fun stuff to do and watch. At the end of the day not sure why alot of people care so much on this one part of a saw's dynamic. First a 1 sec difference is the same statistically. But even with a 2 second gap, if you made a 150 buck cuts in a day, you would only save 300 seconds or 5 minutes! That is not a whole lot of time saved and that is assuming both saws weight the same. If the faster saw is heavier you may have to take more breaks when cutting. Btw if it was only about speed we would all use an MS880 for bucking. As an example i have a MS361, i got it not only for cutting speed but it weighs 12.3lbs and is nimble, low profile, low vibs, etc. This is not about saw brand, i happen to think the top 5 brands that are always mentioned are all good in general (farm and pro saws), it is all the pieces together that can make a saw great with in the limits of it's cc range. As an example being a Stihl user i would like to get a MS461, but at the end of the day do i need the extra weight and fuel burning extra for 95% of the wood i cut, ah no. For most people if they are honest they do not need more then a 14.8lb /6hp saw at the top end and for many a 50 or 60 cc works better. Any just my thoughts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My father would recieve a Dolmar 6100. And not because of power advantage or any of those arguments but simply because he is already older and a VERY easy to start saw would suite him best!

6100 have easy start that works like those small stihls or is it just spring assisted?
That would be a selling point IMO right there. My dad got a easy start trim saw for Christmas that I took in trade.
Had to put a 460 rescue handle on his 20year old plus 3300 so he could pull it over without hurting his bad hand and shoulder.

If so I'll have to look deeper at one if needed fo him. I know I gave him a like new 290 once years ago and he gave it back saying he preferred his poulan 3300. I dont blame him there one bit.

Thanks for sharing the video. Fun stuff to do and watch. At the end of the day not sure why alot of people care so much on this one part of a saw's dynamic. First a 1 sec difference is the same statistically. But even with a 2 second gap, if you made a 150 buck cuts in a day, you would only save 300 seconds or 5 minutes! That is not a whole lot of time saved and that is assuming both saws weight the same. If the faster saw is heavier you may have to take more breaks when cutting. Btw if it was only about speed we would all use an MS880 for bucking. As an example i have a MS361, i got it not only for cutting speed but it weighs 12.3lbs and is nimble, low profile, low vibs, etc. This is not about saw brand, i happen to think the top 5 brands that are always mentioned are all good in general (farm and pro saws), it is all the pieces together that can make a saw great with in the limits of it's cc range. As an example being a Stihl user i would like to get a MS461, but at the end of the day do i need the extra weight and fuel burning extra for 95% of the wood i cut, ah no. For most people if they are honest they do not need more then a 14.8lb /6hp saw at the top end and for many a 50 or 60 cc works better. Any just my thoughts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I thought the video was great also and always like seeing the Dolmars. I've never even seen one in person because there's like one dealer in the whole state.

I was thinking the same thing on the cut times as I wondered how many cuts I actually make during a full day of cutting. For me a few seconds doesn't really matter. I actually grab my MS241c and use it for everything up to 14" because I like the feel of it and it's easy to haul around. My MS460 is a blast for large wood but I'm considering stepping down to a 60cc due to the frequency of which I actually need it and the preference of a lighter saw. Of course, stepping down to a 60cc means just buying a new 60cc and keeping the 460 too...haha CAD.:chainsaw:

6100 have easy start that works like those small stihls or is it just spring assisted?
That would be a selling point IMO right there. My dad got a easy start trim saw for Christmas that I took in trade.
Had to put a 460 rescue handle on his 20year old plus 3300 so he could pull it over without hurting his bad hand and shoulder.

If so I'll have to look deeper at one if needed fo him. I know I gave him a like new 290 once years ago and he gave it back saying he preferred his poulan 3300. I dont blame him there one bit.

The 6100 does have the "easy start" feature. So do the 421 and 5105. I bet the other smaller saws have it too, but I'm 100% speculating on that. It's not the same as the stihl easy start feature. I hear it's more durable, but I couldn't say. The Stihl you pull out at any speed, and towards the end of the pull it kicks over. The Dolmar can be pulled at any speed, but it kicks over at regular intervals, like a normal saw.

I bought a 421 for my dad after he hurt his shoulder. He loves it. Doesn't saw much these days, but i think it means something to him that he can. I also use the heck out of it. Great little saw.

Check out the Dolmar 421 or 5105 for your dad. Same easy start system and real pro build quality.

About the easy start system, I haven't read anywhere, neiter in english nor in german forums of anyone ever experencing a problem with the easy start sytem.

Check out the Dolmar 421 or 5105 for your dad. Same easy start system and real pro build quality.

About the easy start system, I haven't read anywhere, neiter in english nor in german forums of anyone ever experencing a problem with the easy start sytem.

I have bothered the 6100 and 421 and the easy start has never missed a beat and is not as noticeable as some other systems
The 421 is a good all around saw. Handles up 14" hard wood just fine.

I thought the video was great also and always like seeing the Dolmars. I've never even seen one in person because there's like one dealer in the whole state.

I was thinking the same thing on the cut times as I wondered how many cuts I actually make during a full day of cutting. For me a few seconds doesn't really matter. I actually grab my MS241c and use it for everything up to 14" because I like the feel of it and it's easy to haul around. My MS460 is a blast for large wood but I'm considering stepping down to a 60cc due to the frequency of which I actually need it and the preference of a lighter saw. Of course, stepping down to a 60cc means just buying a new 60cc and keeping the 460 too...haha CAD.:chainsaw:

Yeah, you had me concerned, there for a second! I was just going to say... You don't step up or down and trade away your saws, you ADD saws, because CAD...

Mike

Yeah, you had me concerned, there for a second! I was just going to say... You don't step up or down and trade away your saws, you ADD saws, because CAD...

Mike
Agreed. I will worried for a second as well. Lol

I'd like to see some measurements between these saws. PH length, width and weight. All the shills keep saying the Dolmar is so much wider and heavier.

The 6100 is about as wide as a 576xp but shorter in height. About the same length. Only picture I have of them side by side. The width comes from the starter housing. I think it is due to the easy start set up the Dolmar has. DSCN0403.JPG

I'd like to see some measurements between these saws. PH length, width and weight. All the shil ls keep saying the Dolmar is so much wider and heavier.
Search for 60cc comparison thread posted by me about a year ago. It has weights, length, width

Back