firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard there are a gazillion of them in India. They were very popular in the UK, and made there. The neighbor to my farm in WV has a 165 that's been sitting next to his garage, with a half dozen junk cars, for several years. Next time I go up I'm going to ask if it's junk and see if he wants to sell it, Joe.

i can confirm that there is a gazillion of them in India when i worked over there a couple years ago, that's what all the farmers where using, you where considered a rich farmer there with a Massey

My "firewood tractor" had two jobs today, loading logs on my BSM and sitting there so I could use the pallet forks for a hydraulic lift table. lol

So, I got started by loading a REALLY nice (although short) red oak first, and started taking 5/4 flitches off it,

standard.jpg

and stacking them "in order" on my pallet forks,

standard.jpg

until I had the whole log milled,

standard.jpg

Then I started reconstructing the log, with stickers between the flitches,

standard.jpg

and up with the stack I go,

standard.jpg

until I had the whole log put back together, and with ratchet straps around it, to hold it all together,

standard.jpg

and then I set it aside to air dry!

It's going to make some NICE furniture some day!!

SR

We bought a ski place on Mt Sunapee, NH in 2014 with 12 Acres of woodland. It hadn't been maintained so we bought a Kubota L3200 to help clean it up. We hired a forester to take down some large trees near the driveway and house and clear out the back yard, so we had logs to move to a wood lot.
image-L.jpg

The L3200 came with SSQD so the pallet forks mount fast and are handy for logs and rocks.

Also use it to tow the wood splitter from the garage and move rounds and splits. Have a Wallenstein PTO chipper to clean up tops and saplings.
image-L.jpg

Nice set up. How does the PTO chipper work? I've thought about getting one, but the burn pile is cheaper. But, with new neighbors and more kids around, I have to keep a closer eye one the fire, Joe.

Nice set up. How does the PTO chipper work? I've thought about getting one, but the burn pile is cheaper. But, with new neighbors and more kids around, I have to keep a closer eye one the fire, Joe.
Works great though I wish I'd gotten the next size larger. Mine can take 4.5" and the base of a lot of saplings have bases that are just too big.

Our town has a volunteer fire department and we had a drought this season, so I'd have been sitting on piles of brush for months. With the chipper it's a few minutes and I use the chips as fill.
image-L.jpg

My firewood tractor was back at it today,

standard.jpg

I had a LOT of things to do today, before I started splitting, so "I" ran out of gas, before I was done! lol But, there's still a pretty good pile of splits stacking up,

standard.jpg

I'll finish it off pretty s :) :) N,

SR

My "firewood tractor" had two jobs today, loading logs on my BSM and sitting there so I could use the pallet forks for a hydraulic lift table. lol

So, I got started by loading a REALLY nice (although short) red oak first, and started taking 5/4 flitches off it,
Why are you not quarter sawing those logs?
standard.jpg

and stacking them "in order" on my pallet forks,

standard.jpg

until I had the whole log milled,

standard.jpg

Then I started reconstructing the log, with stickers between the flitches,

standard.jpg

and up with the stack I go,

standard.jpg

until I had the whole log put back together, and with ratchet straps around it, to hold it all together,

standard.jpg

and then I set it aside to air dry!

It's going to make some NICE furniture some day!!

SR

I managed to get the rest of my wagon load split today,

standard.jpg

It made a nice pile of splits!! Now to cut that wagon full again! lol

SR

Dancan, you have chains on a lot of your stuff. I bought a heavy 8" scraper blade for my MF135 to keep on my farm, to dress up the driveways, on my place and my cousins. Things just happen and I didn't get the tractor to the farm. Decided to keep it home for the winter and use the blade around the house for snow. I live on a pretty steep hill and was thinking about chains, would they rip my asphalt to shreds, Joe.

We bought a ski place on Mt Sunapee, NH in 2014 with 12 Acres of woodland. It hadn't been maintained so we bought a Kubota L3200 to help clean it up. We hired a forester to take down some large trees near the driveway and house and clear out the back yard, so we had logs to move to a wood lot.
image-L.jpg

The L3200 came with SSQD so the pallet forks mount fast and are handy for logs and rocks.

Also use it to tow the wood splitter from the garage and move rounds and splits. Have a Wallenstein PTO chipper to clean up tops and saplings.
image-L.jpg
garandman, is tghat a dr splitter in that last photo. i have oane i bought 4 years ago, knock on wood ive only had to replace the belts on it. i figure ive split close to 100 full cords through it. it has done everything i asked of it. one tip i have is too keep the rack and pinion greased.

Back