First impression of the Stihl 241c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wanna be the one to fart in the bathtub, but why not just buy an Dolmar, Echo, Husqvarna or Tanaka? Not trying to start trouble or anything like that, but with all the design imperfections...might be time to look at one of those 3 or 4 companies.
What kinda warranty does stihl offer? I know Echo's is 5 years and Tanaka's is 7 years. . . .how many years is the stihl warranty? One would think it must be atleast 10 years.

I don't wanna be the one to fart in the bathtub, but why not just buy an Dolmar, Echo, Husqvarna or Tanaka? Not trying to start trouble or anything like that, but with all the design imperfections...might be time to look at one of those 3 or 4 companies.
What kinda warranty does stihl offer? I know Echo's is 5 years and Tanaka's is 7 years. . . .how many years is the stihl warranty? One would think it must be atleast 10 years.
Eh?

I'm not sure what design imperfections you are speaking of? The 241 is the top sub-45cc saw currently on the market and I've yet to hear of any owner who is less than satisfied with their purchase.....

Not really a fan of dolmar though I do recognize they are dandy saws. Echo doesn't hold the same weight with me as they did 20 years ago. Seems they have geared more towards box stores. Tanaka makes a fabulous trimmer, but I have no experience with them outside my landscaping days.

Then there's husky. Where do I start. May be best not to other than to say my preference for stihl over husky is purely irrational.

Stihls pro saw warranty is 1 year, 2 if you buy some 2 stroke oil at the same time. In 15 years I've never had to take something back to be repaired that occurred outside my own negligence. The warranty doesn't even come into play with me. It's pure reputation and experience.

Of the 3 saws I currently own, the only "design imperfection" is the dawgs on the 241. And that's simply personal preference in how I use my saws.

I've owned at some point in time everything from a 170 up to a 660, and a couple variations of the 066. I've never had to take any of them in for service.

sent from a field

Let's review our contenders (of currently produced models):

Dolmar 420/421-Cheaper with slightly less power but about a pound heavier.
Husky 543-Less powerful, same weight, slightly cheaper. Very poor sales should tell something...
Tanaka-Cheaper, much less powerful, do they even have dealers?
Echo (45 cc)-Cheaper, way heavier, parts are unavailable (?). No HP rating.

Writing this as I'm walking out the door. Did I miss someone?

Run one for an 8hr day , you'll know then .

eaIbhxANXgt3JOidVob4P3F2IW5Q0efoieHEQgzdJLFldd7nZ8o90Be672pGIhAq0hsrZI3X4QM=w3000-h1688-rw-no

3Lqwp4-pvFqC05iLgssTeHUmE3Tfvfbqh9ppxsIy-FkeETbFusRQWOJeWyiJXAQ4pIQusygvbB4=w3000-h1688-rw-no

Not brand bashing , it just works .
Stihl Crazy has blocked more than 60 cord of hardwood with his .

I guess it also boils down to the wood we're working with , if I had constant 20" stuff to cut I'd be singing a different tune but this saw shines at 12" and down and so far mine has been as dependable as a brick , tank after tank .
I let the work tire me out , not the saw at the end of my arms , I'm just a scrawny guy .

Can you tell us of this model that is a better choice than a 241-cm? I'd really like to know so I could buy this saw. And could you elaborate on the 241 design floors so we know what your talking about? Thanks in advance.

I like my Dolmar 421 a LOT. That said, if I was running my little saw daily, it'd be a 241, no question about it. There just isn't anything else on the market that completes with it. I guess the closest would be a 550xp, but that's a lot heavier. I suppose the other closest saw would be a rear handle 201. Can you get those in m-m-tronic?

Critics can fart in all the bathwater they'd like, but the 241 is still the best saw in that class by a long shot.

Latest posts

Back