Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the base of my cylinder has no machining marks on it ....... anyone else run into that one ??? I'm waiting on a oem wrist pin bearing but I guess I could check squish with the Chinese one .... I'll post pics when I get home

Without the gasket I was at .023 squish. Wonder how much different yours will be. 660 kit

The first one I did I used the gasket and
press/vacc test and passed. The second I used dirko without gasket

I can't get the coil pickup closer to the flywheel even without the bolts in place. There is a relieved section in the coil that fits over the bolt mounting post that is causing the interference. Maybe I will grind down the mounting post on the crankcase to get closer. Also, the middle coil pickup extends further out that the other two on the coil. When it is in contact with the flywheel, the other two pickups are still 30-50 mils away from the flywheel.

So I think the coil is defective in that the two outer pickups are too short.

I guess my main point is the ms660 kits are better quality than the H365/372 kits from my experience. I have six more ms660 kits coming on Thursday. I will be happy if they are the same or better quality than the first one I purchased. I still don't know what I am going to do with all of them.
I swapped the 575xp coil and it started on the first pull! I guess the huztl coil is bad.

Open my kit and the are missing
5a48bc0a3d171e6336e63a4ee0367148.jpg

I shot some carb cleaner in it and blew them out before I started. Same time I washed out the bearings. I drop some oil on the bearings after the seals are in from the inside.

Just a question for those of you that know way more than me. I got my Huztl 660 together and running, it runs well idles pretty good, but when I get done with a cut it seems like it takes forever for it to idle back down. I don't know if I have an air leak somewhere or what but I figured I'd ask before I started tearing into it. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back