Three days from December...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...and we have lightening, thunderstorms, one-inch hail, and... and... tornado warnings‼
I kid you not...

And yesterday my 4-wheel-drive, shift on the fly, electronic control module took a crap while pulling trees out of the woodlot... I have to crawl under the frigging truck with a vice grip to shift into/out of 4x4 mode.

Something tells me this ain't gonna' be a fun winter (not that any of them ever are).

...and we have lightening, thunderstorms, one-inch hail, and... and... tornado warnings‼
I kid you not...

And yesterday my 4-wheel-drive, shift on the fly, electronic control module took a crap while pulling trees out of the woodlot... I have to crawl under the frigging truck with a vice grip to shift into/out of 4x4 mode.

Something tells me this ain't gonna' be a fun winter (not that any of them ever are).
You actually need to use 4 by with those bias ply tires?

You actually need to use 4 by with those bias ply tires?
Well... :D ...it was a bit muddy, and the trees weren't all that small.
I know... I know... if there ain't pictures it never happened.
If it ain't raining in the morning I'll snap a pic of the tree I ain't cut up yet.

Been raining here most of the day. Were usually frozen solid by now. Calling for low 50's most of the week.

I need to get wood up to the neighbors and the yard is a swamp. I'm going to have a lot of lawn repair in the spring.

! when you have 4x4 and then when you don't is a real "suck moment" after getting stuck! feel you pain sold the old yellow ford and need to replace it with another! newer plow and nothing to mount it to? another "IT SUCK'S MOMENT" !!! LOL up to a foot of wet **** tonight again....

Been raining here most of the day. Were usually frozen solid by now. Calling for low 50's most of the week.

I need to get wood up to the neighbors and the yard is a swamp. I'm going to have a lot of lawn repair in the spring.
casey! I feel your pain after are 17" of soft ground and wet snow...

I feel your pain too, plowing snow with soft thawed ground. I plow my yard with my skid steer. Was almost done and feeling pretty good about myself for not re landscaping my lawn. My last pass I heard the engine change pitch a little...Shiiiiit. Took a 6 foot bucket width, by about 8 feet long, 6 inches deep gouge out of my lawn.

finally found a different western mount for the 1990 f 150 wood truck to make it a duel purpose truck and one less insurance to pay ( western unimount for the 1990 ford used is 450.00 exchanged ) the other mount that came with the plow was for a 97 to 04 ford @ 36" outside frame mine needs to be 40" !! these just became a collectors item !!

I kid you not...

So what, are you now claiming that you're experiencing climate change? Isn't that all a hoax? I thought the concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.

Next are you gonna join Greenpeace of something?

First real snow of the season last night and this morning, all gone by noon. Temps still running well above normal. Have had only one real frost (26 degrees). Winter is about a month behind schedule.

Going out to the wood patch in the morning to fall another big willow on the grove clearance project. Been here sind 1976 and have never been able to be cutting wood in November.

I remember years ago when the guy down the road was cutting some marsh land and bailing it for his beef cows so we've had a few years of warm weather in December but noting like this. We had 6 to 8 inches of snow on the ground so I started feeding hay and with this last rain all the snow is gone, my sump pump keeps going on and the donkeys are eating down in the pasture again. I know what you mean Spider, The winch on my ATV broke so I spent several hours busting butt in the cold on a change over and yesterday I cleaned out the OWB in my T-Shirt... Fear not, winter is on it's way. I hope things dry up a bit, I just got a 4 chord load of logs and I hate to go out in the mud just cut up more wood for next year. Funny, I just put bias tires on my skid steer and I'll never go back to Rads... ;-)

We missed the storms and didn't get much rain up here. Just won't dry out......or freeze. I'm planning on getting a load from a downed maple with the ATV and trailer this afternoon if I can catch an hour of sunlight after work. Hopefully the ground isn't too wet. Between work and deer hunting has made it tough to get my 2018 wood cut up this fall. If only I could have taken a day off work in October when the weather was great. Once work slows down I am left with mud, snow - anything that makes the process slower and harder.

I'm just glad it raining here. I completely redone my lawn the second week of Sept. Havent had enough rain since then to even wet the ground. I just hope the birds left enough seed that some of it will come up. Forest fires everywhere, maybe now with the rain the fire fighters can catch up.

Yesterday was a first in my memory here SW of Waverly as well. Dead calm. Sunny. Tornado sirens blaring? Peeked west around my grove and thought OOHH Sh_t! It all skirted NW. Whew. Odd weather to say the least.

Latest posts

Back