What brand is your main firewood saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand is it?

• Total voters
Possibly mine is a 1 off A Vap 44F electronic rebadged Oleo Mac 244F ported by a member of the ADM race motor cycle engine preparation team & a muff mod by me, tried to keep it as standard looking as possible to scare the crap of some of the know all homeowners that think the only saws any good are the well known 2

Firewood is one of my favorite things to do. It is always Stihl that I take with me. This year 034 super and either 026, or 024, depending how I feel that day.

U must be loading a ford ranger or dodge dakota, maybe a chevy s-10 haha
Typical truck load. Not a will the tires please not blow out load.
That load you have is insane!
That's a 2 tank of fuel load.
I couldn't punish my truck like that, would hurt me inside.

I know a lot of us like to run the older saws from time to time but what brand is your main firewood saw?
At the moment it's a Deere 65V, (Echo 650EVL). This saw just tickles my fancy for some reason and I really like running it. It's got a 16" bar but I'd be lots happier with a 20" and will replace it at some point. I just got a Jonsereds 630 I bought at auction fixed and intend to give that a good work out. I also just fixed and ancient Solo 611 (not the twin, this is the smaller single cylinder model) that needs a good warm up and I just repaired my Sachs 133, so it needs to see some wood too.

Old is good as far as I'm concerned. They're usually a lot simpler to work on. But then, I'm still happy with my $13.00 flip phone!

I use my 2x Stihls here but am debating a 562xp purchase in the near future. I've never had any reliability issues with all of the Stihls that I've owned over the years so I'm back and forth on the 562xp given some of the mixed reviews on reliability.

Well I have a stihl 029s husky 350 jred 2150 and a new echo cs400 but the husky has been the one that I seem to pickup first. My son grabs the stihl

Back