346 xp crankshaft broken at clutch..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eat a peach

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was limbing a tree and boom ,engine still running but crank broke off smooth at the clutch . I would like to rebuild the saw and was wondering if a 350 crank or another model will match up ? Little help please

I have a good used 340 crank and maybe a 350 crank. I'm not sure if they are the same tho. I see some listed on eBay as 340,350, and 346.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds fine to me , 864 809 3838 if you would send me a phone number I will text you monday or tuesday at the latest
if that suits you

I remember hearing that something was interchangeable between the 350 and 346. I just don't remember what. Unfortunately I don't have a 346xp parts saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was limbing a tree and boom ,engine still running but crank broke off smooth at the clutch . I would like to rebuild the saw and was wondering if a 350 crank or another model will match up ? Little help please

350 crank:
iplimage.php

346 crank:
iplimage.php

the 346 cranks vary a bit year to year but they all seem to have the conventional pressed-in seals used it vertically split cases. the 350 and its cousins, the 340 and 345 use the same kind of rubber cup type seals as poulans. they function as both seals and self-aligners, crank to case. that being said, i have never tried to put a 350 crank in a 346 but i appears they use different bearings too.

So I have a 346XP at the shop in the same condition.......did a bunch of research a while back....as already stated the 346XP crank has a number of versions/years.....these are the same for only the 353...and only in the corresponding years... as far as I know. Not a pressing issue so I haven't research it further......following this thread to see so how the OP makes out.......

I'm going out on a limb here, but won't there be a part number inscribed on the crank? Sold as assemblies, individual pars my be the same? Just an idea.

Back