How to repair a Taco 2400 pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Wise

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This all started when I found my 3 year old pump was locked up when it was time to fire up the wood burner. I took the top half off and got it spinning but I could tell by the noise it wasn't long for this world. It ran for 2 months then locked up. I pulled it apart and got numbers off the bearings and then shoved them full of grease and put it back together. That bought me the 2 weeks I needed to find bearings. Here is how to change them.

IMG_0625.JPG

Take the four bolts that hold the top out.

IMG_0626.JPG

You should see this.
IMG_0627.JPG

To get the impeller off you turn it clockwise while holding the stator in place with something.

IMG_0628.JPG

Then pop the mechanical seal out, but do not get finger prints or dirt on the sealing surfaces!

IMG_0629.JPG

Then you use a drift to turn the lid a few degrees
IMG_0630.JPG IMG_0631.JPG

After that drive it upward and it will come out with the stator.
IMG_0632.JPG

Then use two pry bars to get the top cover off.

IMG_0633.JPG

Pull the top bearing out of the top cover.

IMG_0634.JPG

The just tap the bearing out of the top, use a punch to drive the bottom bearing off and you are ready to go back together.

It is a ceramic seal. It wasn't leaking so I left it alone. I saw a seal kit on eBay or somewhere and I think it was like $50. I am sure that like the bearings though it could be picked up generically. I have had that seal out at least 5 times over the life of the pump and it doesn't leak yet.

Here are the bearing #:
6200-2z whrbc
6201zz-8

I just gave them to a buddy at the New Holland dealership and he got them through a bearing service they use.

When I was going back together I used a socket to drive the lower bearing onto the shaft then sat the rotating assembly down in the case and pushed the bearing into place. I then used a socket to start the top cover with the bearing in it down onto the upper shaft. I then flipped the whole thing over and used a rubber mallet to tap on the bottom of the case to bring the whole thing together. Oh and then I cleaned up the threads I had messed up using the socket.

Latest posts

Back