Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got about 6" yesterday then turned to rain......ended up with 4-5" of heavy stuff......have to run my beats with the tractor to day to start building up my ice roads and smooth things out in the woods. Got about 5-6 feet out Sunday afternoon....doesn't sound like a lot but that is bucked up 16", split, piled in the bucket and forwarded out to the shop.....slow going single handed.....but what is accomplished is ready for the stove....mess stays in the woods.....it's the way I do it....my wood lot so there's no time limit......saw a little....split a little......take a little ride....do it all over again....doesn't seem like a "J" thingy that way......I've almost convinced myself it's fun even.....LOL!!

We got about 6" yesterday then turned to rain......ended up with 4-5" of heavy stuff......have to run my beats with the tractor to day to start building up my ice roads and smooth things out in the woods. Got about 5-6 feet out Sunday afternoon....doesn't sound like a lot but that is bucked up 16", split, piled in the bucket and forwarded out to the shop.....slow going single handed.....but what is accomplished is ready for the stove....mess stays in the woods.....it's the way I do it....my wood lot so there's no time limit......saw a little....split a little......take a little ride....do it all over again....doesn't seem like a "J" thingy that way......I've almost convinced myself it's fun even.....LOL!!

Keep the snow beat down and packed in the wheel ruts, soon have an ice road highway, we would have a couple miles like that by late winter, even added water when temps were 10 or more below freezing. A foot or more of ice over the forest floor evens things out nicely, tractor can make much better time on the run in and out, hosses too if they were on hand and ready.

Real quiet day, weather has been too wet all day for any outside work, just messing around inside, running a pressure test on my Bayliner outdrive. Its held 15 lbs all day so that should mean its sealed up well.Going to get it prepped for paint next.

Chilly looking view out the inner harbor......5 below zero......"Sea Smoke" the "up the bay follks" call it.....my father always called it simply "Vapor".......

For you all not familiar with the ocean in winter......the vapor rises off the water when the air temp is much, much colder than the water temp......think...steaming hot cup of coffee......same thing....

sea smoke 001.JPG sea smoke 002.JPG sea smoke 003.JPG

Morning guys 8" of snow last night more today. Had to take a break from plowing to take Molly for het checkup at the vet.
96e004080e73487addfc56a3f694e68f.jpg

Latest posts

Back