Dang it got COLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3* at the moment and no wind. We got about an inch of snow, over the ice.
I'm headed out now to do some cutting. As long as there's no wind, It's comfortable, at least for me.
I get my wood from the Amish sawmill. Can't beat 12 dallors a load.And they load it for u! Can't go out & cut for that price! Stay warm.. & happy holidays!!

Friend of ours had -35 about 8 miles from us this morning, they live in a valley that's always quite a bit colder than here, surprising how much of a temp difference there is that close together and not much difference in ellavation.

Just a sanity check. Are we talking Celsius or Fahrenheit? Nothing to complain about here in western germany. 10 degrees C. Just cold enough to do some work.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One mini 2 met Tapatalk

Started the past weekend with a high of 32 and a low in the teens and ended it with a high of 72 yesterday. I have no idea what is going on with the weather here haha. today the High was 38 and that was when I woke up at 4:30am.

Had to go plow snow Sunday morning for the few places widows I do for free or exchange for cookies and the truck temp said -6. Got back home around noon and was just goofing off channel surfing when I went past the Bears-Packers game on TV. I stated out loud to no one in particular that people must be nuts to go see that game out in the open! Wife then informed me that 1 of our good friends had traveled in to see that game. WTF? Haven't talked to him yet to see how he made out. Can't imagine sitting through something like that.

Had to go plow snow Sunday morning for the few places widows I do for free or exchange for cookies and the truck temp said -6. Got back home around noon and was just goofing off channel surfing when I went past the Bears-Packers game on TV. I stated out loud to no one in particular that people must be nuts to go see that game out in the open! Wife then informed me that 1 of our good friends had traveled in to see that game. WTF? Haven't talked to him yet to see how he made out. Can't imagine sitting through something like that.
Somebody said that the Packers won the game by getting the clock stopped using a fake injury after they had used up all their time outs. Next long pass play they got in field goal range and won it. Bears are crying sour grapes. I think the temp was -11 F at kick off.

Still cold here - wind chill taking us dowm into the deep freeze...... I am staying by the woodstove and knitting wool socks on my vintage sock knitting machine - keeping feet warm one way or the other. There is just nothing like thick wool socks on a snowy, cold day. :)

Tell you what fellas, I'd give an arm and a leg for some of the temperatures you guys are getting. I wore short sleeves to church today. I need a good hard freeze to harden the fields, for the sake of the livestock. Too much muck. Got up to around fifty today.

Back