the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys ive picked up a Shindaiwa 757 and im going to do 7 slabs for benches in my shed
Would any one have a 24'' or 28'' bar they dont need , it doesnt have to be really good as i wont be doing any more slabbing with after i get the tops
Ive been told a Stihl bar will also work but i will need to use the adaptors for it
The 757 bar mount is 8 mm
If you can help pm me please
Peter

Hi ya blokes
Had a good day out the other week cut some wood and had a shot cant go wrong with that.
I was setting up and running in the Tikka for my daughters 21 st birthday gift and had a play with a couple of others as well.
Merry Xmas to all.
Cheers

View attachment 545100
Sorry Andrew could only give you a like mate ,there isn't a ****** awesome button ,

And yeah fellas Merry Xmas
To yas stay safe and hydrated [emoji482]

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Hi guys
has any one got the instruction on how to set up Alaskan Saw mill
Im wanting to do slabbing but need to know what size bar is the smallest i can use , is 20'' bar
The size of the slab when its on the mill
instruction manual would be great please
Peter

Hi guys
has any one got the instruction on how to set up Alaskan Saw mill
Im wanting to do slabbing but need to know what size bar is the smallest i can use , is 20'' bar
The size of the slab when its on the mill
instruction manual would be great please
Peter
It really depends on what size log you intend to mill up ,I have a GB mill and it will take bars from 14 inches to 42inch but you will lose a few inches on both ends of the bar depending on clamping style of the mill ,my guess is if you only have a 20 inch bar your cut width will be somewhere between 14 and 18 inches max, really comes down to the mill attachement and powerhead

It really depends on what size log you intend to mill up ,I have a GB mill and it will take bars from 14 inches to 42inch but you will lose a few inches on both ends of the bar depending on clamping style of the mill ,my guess is if you only have a 20 inch bar your cut width will be somewhere between 14 and 18 inches max, really comes down to the mill attachement and powerhead

thats for that info , i think its like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chainsaw...ar-/131740197738?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

ive never milled before and havent even seen the mill yet but ive been told its like the one above with the 2 long rails
ine only got a 75cc power head and at this stage a 20'' bar
what chain should i buy for milling , it might be STRINGY im doing the slabs out of
thinking of using this chain
Stihl 63 PMX picco
72 DL .050 375 lp {3/8 picco}
so it gives me more power on the saw as its only 75 cc,
using Shindaiwa 757
Peter

ive never milled before and havent even seen the mill yet but ive been told its like the one above with the 2 long rails
ine only got a 75cc power head and at this stage a 20'' bar
what chain should i buy for milling , it might be STRINGY im doing the slabs out of
Peter
Really depends on the finish I spose ,I use regular semi chisel straight out of the box ,for everything from firewood to milling ,I have no use for a fine surface Finnish ,all the stuff I have milled has been for shed building so rough sawn is the go,I have tried all different top angles and yeah there's a difference ,but don't care for it,go to the milling forum and get involved there ,the likes of bobL and a few others are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to milling here's my two mills ,when it comes to powerhead bigger is better ,I've milled with my 044 660 and 880 stihls, at
for the 044 she's working hard and it's slow work for slabs of cypress around
8 to 10 inches wide ,I bought the minimill from the states awhile ago and it can cut faster boards than the horizontal mill but I was running the 880 with a 25 inch bar [emoji50]

e57835748bd904963307f2cd97fa9e72.jpg
224f5836b097e2030834c71b1e519690.jpg

Really depends on the finish I spose ,I use regular semi chisel straight out of the box ,for everything from firewood to milling ,I have no use for a fine surface Finnish ,all the stuff I have milled has been for shed building so rough sawn is the go,I have tried all different top angles and yeah there's a difference ,but don't care for it,go to the milling forum and get involved there ,the likes of bob and a few others are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to milling here's my two mills ,when it comes to powerhead bigger is better ,I've milled with my 044 660 and 880 stihls, at 70cc for the 044 she's working hard and it's slow work for slabs of cypress around
8 to 10 inches wide ,I bought the minimise from the states awhile ago and it can cut faster boards than the horizontal mill but I was running the 880 with a 25 inch bar [emoji50]

e57835748bd904963307f2cd97fa9e72.jpg
224f5836b097e2030834c71b1e519690.jpg
Thanks ill jump over there and see what advise i can get and thank you for helping out , its app heaps
Peter

That mill is perfect.

That's a 32" bar with about 28" usable and it all being used with a saw with 15cc more than yours. You'll be fine. Have a crack Pete.

Thanks vince , im thinking of using Stihl 63 PMX Picco 72 DL .050 375 lp {3/8} chain
Whats your thought , because its LP i might keep some power on the saw

Latest posts

Back