Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow i guess they just threw whatever crank they pulled out of a bin and shoved it in there, i can tell you the od of the original is 7/8 the od of the crank is 5/8 that is an absolute. From there idk

79e48b815f5eabb652fd0a480e13634b.jpg
450 ipl

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Well #%&@, i have 6119 in the package brand new i thought it looked real close to the ones i just put on my 3700

If you do, then put it in. It will work fine but is overkill with dual lips on the clean FW side of the saw.

Merry Christmas "I have a potty mouth"!

Merry Christmas to you too, and again thanks for all the help getting me squared away, if i wasnt running a fever id be in the garage right now putting it back together. Like ive said before theres alot or sharp guys on here to learn more from.i like being a part of it.

Short version
Overzealous moderator protecting this site from "coordinated attacks"(in his pathetic mind) from members on another site. Banning en mass most of which we undeserved. I mainly lurk here in the Poulan thread since. Forget the rest.
I will say no more.
Let's stay on topic.
Merry Christmas guys.

The outer lip on the 6119 is just a dust seal. It really doesn't seem to matter on chainsaws whether it's single or single with a dust lip. There are true dual lip seals but they are not made in too many sizes and are expensive. An alternate to the CR 6119 is the National (now Timken) 253747 seal.
Both are shift selector seals for car transmissions so they should also be available at auto parts stores.

Short version
Overzealous moderator protecting this site from "coordinated attacks"(in his pathetic mind) from members on another site. Banning en mass most of which we undeserved. I mainly lurk here in the Poulan thread since. Forget the rest.
I will say no more.
Let's stay on topic.
Merry Christmas guys.

Some of those were nasty. Not sure why.

Merry Christmas to you and your girls Tim.

Short version
I will say no more.
Let's stay on topic.
Merry Christmas guys.

OK NOW I REMEMBER. NO NEED TO SAY ANY MORE.

Well you're not looking very hard!, found it using my cell phone.

Chicago Rawh
Well you're not looking very hard!, found it using my cell phone.

Chicago Rawhide SKF6120 is the interchange for a 7/8 x 5/8 seal, if that's what you really need, but be patient with the folks that have a 360 saw dissassembled, as I'm not tearing down a running 361 saw to check.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner in SKF 6120 for the 360-451 FW side seal. Good going Randy..

I got a chance to look at the parts saw tonight and actually got with Chris and his new to him saw.

The FW side crank is .625 dia, housing bore .875 and seal is right at .187 wide. I also found that the Dichtomatic 06081SM seal is the right size "but" is a very narrow seal. It would work but I think I would suggest installing 2 of them as there is plenty of room. This is the seal that is the same as the 306/245 oil pump cover seal.

I would not use this seal if I could get the SKF 6120 myself and am going to update the list.

The PTO seal is as listed before, the SKF 7414. It appears the Dichtomatic 07111TB double lip seal that Randy listed before would be a option for this one.

I also found if this series saw uses a auto oiler the OEM 1936 seal is the same as a 306 245 PTO seal and can use a Dichtomatic 068091VM seal and I'm adding that to the list as well.

This was driving me nuts as I couldnt figure out how these got messed up. I have 5 or 6 saws in this series and I know I have replaced seals in most if not all of them before. It has been a few years ago since I done one and can't remember what I used in them.

So here it is if you guys want to copy it or update your listing.

Poulan 360-451

FW side crank seal OEM 1986 Dichtomatic 06081SM (real thin) SKF 6120

PTO side crank seal OEM 1914 Dichtomatic 07111TB (dual lip) SKF 7414 OEM style single lip

Auto oiler seal OEM 1936 Dichtomatic 068091VM

Thats what comes up.when i look up a 6119 is automatic transmission parts.
You working on a 3400-4000?
That's the one. I believe it was used briefly in GM TH125 transmission which was produced for a year or two. Replaced by the TH125C which was produced for many years. Tim, correct me on this, the national brand seals are harder to install. They like to snag an edge during install and distort. I buy three when I need two. so far it's been 50% failure installing them. I've been taking a knife edge to chamfer the leading edge of the seal bore. That seems to help. Gonna install some tomorrow. We'll see how my luck is.

Back