084 and 066 top end

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say water in the fuel as well. If you used ethanol gas I'd bet that's the culprit. That and or old or bad oil.

I've often checked my diesel in glass jar, guess it's time to start doing the same with gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Porting loooks like it wasn't done particularly well.

Do you know which way the ring pins were oriented, towards the intake of exhaust?

Looks like either detonation or debris in chamber.

Those shallow and long fingers look like they will ruin the plating and little more than that at all.

Porting loooks like it wasn't done particularly well.

Do you know which way the ring pins were oriented, towards the intake of exhaust?

Looks like either detonation or debris in chamber.

Those shallow and long fingers look like they will ruin the plating and little more than that at all.

Don't know how the ring pins were oriented.

Consensus seems the port job was bad, which is a bummer. Spend lots of money, for poor quality work. Sorta sucks, but being as it's demise likely came from bad fuel, I guess it's a moot point.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna start checking fuel like you suggested. What are the stihl vials called?

84c4b2e5a58cfda8dc708e24e9133c4a.jpg
e2980f850ab93379307283f206af9b06.jpg

If a gas station says there non alcohol I put a few gallons in my truck to clear the hose then put 6 oz in Gatorade bottle and go home and test it.
A few stations lie about having no alcohol
It doesn't have to be mix with 2 stroke oil to test

The water line that you fill to sets the baseline then fill to the line with gas and shake.
The water will combine with the alcohol and raise the base above where you filled too.
There are % marks to figure the exact number

If a gas station says there non alcohol I put a few gallons in my truck to clear the hose then put 6 oz in Gatorade bottle and go home and test it.
A few stations lie about having no alcohol
It doesn't have to be mix with 2 stroke oil to test

The water line that you fill to sets the baseline then fill to the line with gas and shake.
The water will combine with the alcohol and raise the base above where you filled too.
There are % marks to figure the exact number

Thanks for sharing

Back