lets c picture of your wood heat source in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jotul F600CB. No electricity. No fans. No pumps. No sound. Runs almost 100% on pine, Leyland cypress and other trashy wood. One of my favorites is the largest round of Black Gum that will fit in the box. For me it is getting even with the difficult to split wood by turning it into usable heat in whole pieces. My hydraulic log splitter will split it but it kicks the pump into low gear.

No camera flash.

Jotul and Deer 005.JPG

WOOW Valley! You must be able to fire that pipeline to redhot glowing with that load of wood. That thing must be pretty sturdy what is the wall thickness of such a pipe? Low tech and heavy duty!

Motorsen

I've never seen it change color. It's about 1/2" thick. (It's either .462 or .562, that's the thickness of pipe used)

Chimney is 8" well casing, around 5/16" thick.

Shop is a pretty drafty, many additions, 5000 Sq ft or so. It takes quite a bit of wood. Burn in the area of 3 cords a month.

Takes a very heaped wheelbarrow load to fill it, normally fill it 3 to 4 times a day.

It's in the main "shop" (area with garage doors), but gets the whole building. There's a front showroom, 3 parts rooms, a small machine shop, break room/bathroom and also used to heat upstairs of the parts rooms, but it's closed off this year since it's rented out.

Jotul Rockland 550 in the main part of the house. Just reloaded.

c4910a4400e77d5519f9261b81f9f5ba.jpg

Couple minutes after reloading.

e005e824e2f6b514d065092539f7a721.jpg

sent from a field

Another view, close up.

Attachments

• trim.433575B5-68CC-486A-AB21-E5FB81B4EA99.MOV
    5 MB · Views: 45
I've never seen it change color. It's about 1/2" thick. (It's either .462 or .562, that's the thickness of pipe used)

Chimney is 8" well casing, around 5/16" thick.

Shop is a pretty drafty, many additions, 5000 Sq ft or so. It takes quite a bit of wood. Burn in the area of 3 cords a month.

Takes a very heaped wheelbarrow load to fill it, normally fill it 3 to 4 times a day.

It's in the main "shop" (area with garage doors), but gets the whole building. There's a front showroom, 3 parts rooms, a small machine shop, break room/bathroom and also used to heat upstairs of the parts rooms, but it's closed off this year since it's rented out.
great set up!!! any your dog doesnt look possessed at all. (RME) lol. but how do you not have an owb? one can be easily made out of that pipe.

She's running hard with it being zero outside heating a 4100sqft house, DHW, and a 35x50 shop that's 32' tall at the peak. I really wish I would've gone with a 300-325Kbtu boiler to get some longer burns in the dead of winter, but this guy does very well considering it's running at the limit.

Almost ready for a fresh load.

Dont throw the lever into the run position with the lower door open, tosses out a 4ft flame LOL. Even with the lever in load position and bypass door open, it still throws fire out the front if she was just burning good.

Latest posts

Back