lets c picture of your wood heat source in action

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice HUGE homemade sub boxes too. I have built many cool ones for myself and others.
One set was for a friend's home stereo and consisted of two large 6 foot tall sono tubes with 2 - 12" subs near each end and a big port in the centre.
The fun was in the calculations but the box builder program helped a bit.
That system must just pound.
Ever see the flames flicker from it?......LOL

Nice HUGE homemade sub boxes too. I have built many cool ones for myself and others.
One set was for a friend's home stereo and consisted of two large 6 foot tall sono tubes with 2 - 12" subs near each end and a big port in the centre.
The fun was in the calculations but the box builder program helped a bit.
That system must just pound.
Ever see the flames flicker from it?......LOL
The bottom set of speakers are Klipsch LaScalas. They're a three way speaker with 15" woofers in a folded horn configuration. They were built in 1974. They'll run you out of the house.

Would need to seup plumbing, water to air exhanchers, etc... probably 5k+
so thats what?? like 5 cords of wood sold in your area? lol. I'm exaggerating, but still. it would be cheaper in the long run. rather than processing all the small cute wood, you could burn all the uglies and cut off's of the logs when processing firewood. (shrug)

so thats what?? like 5 cords of wood sold in your area? lol. I'm exaggerating, but still. it would be cheaper in the long run. rather than processing all the small cute wood, you could burn all the uglies and cut off's of the logs when processing firewood. (shrug)

Already do burn the junk. 5k would be about profit on 45-50 cords.
Not sure how it'd be cheaper, the current setup costs almost nothing for heat.

It would be really nice to reclaim the Sq footage the stove takes though and it'd certainly keep the shop cleaner, but it's not changing anytime soon. I can think of a dozen things 5k would be better used on right now, like roofing, repairs to one wall (bottom is rotted out), lights, drywall, shelves, etc.

Pacific Western OWB. Picture was taken just after I had raked up the overnight coals to the front of the unit. Unit was not firing at the time. Starting to flare up because I had the door open. Normally I would just rake the coals up like this and leave it for the day and refill (half full) that night before I go in the house for the night. This is pretty much charcoal at this point so there is a lot of heat in that pile. Have to be careful raking it up or you will melt rubber gloves. I use a 6' long rake I made to do it and still have to be careful.IMG_20170112_183530.jpg

This is my first year with the NC30, its doing a great job at heating my house and the dogs love it too.

Attachments

• 20170128_185550.jpg
    20170128_185550.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20161206_165645.jpg
    20161206_165645.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 20161211_142546.jpg
    20161211_142546.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
Back