575 husky crankshaft bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugide

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
are both bearings the same? never installed them in this model before. any installation advice welcome.

split the case this morning and the clutch side bearing isn't the same as flywheel side. the seal slides into the bearing on clutch side. i'll find out if that ebay kit will work.

split the case this morning and the clutch side bearing isn't the same as flywheel side. the seal slides into the bearing on clutch side. i'll find out if that ebay kit will work.

On the 575 (and many other modern huskys) the clutch side seal is integrated with the bearing. that means you have to split the cases if the clutch side seal leaks. the flywheel side bearing is an ordinary bearing and the seal is separate. The clutch side bearing is expensive. The flywheel side bearing is cheap. when i rebuild a 575 i don't bother with ebay bearings or seals. i buy oem thru partstree dot com. it's a lot of work to change the bearings. why risk incompatibility or early failure with a brandx from ebay. i haven't been able to find that proprietary husqvarna bearing from any of the domestic bearing suppliers, like bearing engineering. i wouldn't touch one from ebay.

On the 575 (and many other modern huskys) the clutch side seal is integrated with the bearing. that means you have to split the cases if the clutch side seal leaks. the flywheel side bearing is an ordinary bearing and the seal is separate. The clutch side bearing is expensive. The flywheel side bearing is cheap. when i rebuild a 575 i don't bother with ebay bearings or seals. i buy oem thru partstree dot com. it's a lot of work to change the bearings. why risk incompatibility or early failure with a brandx from ebay. i haven't been able to find that proprietary husqvarna bearing from any of the domestic bearing suppliers, like bearing engineering. i wouldn't touch one from ebay.
Just a disclaimer, I put up the eBay link to show the seals and bearings. I would never personally buy anything other than OEM or Nachi bearings and OEM seals.

parts are on order from husky including base/case gaskets, i have flywheel side seal, other seal- both bearings and gaskets $60, looks like as cheap or cheaper then after market. found a work shop manual and does look like you can change the seal that fit's into the clutch side bearing from the outside.

It looks like the seal can be changed. The 390 the seal and bearing are sold as an assembly but the seal can be changed. It looks like the 575 may be the same being the seal is listed with its own part number.
I've never replaced the bearings and seals on a 390... yet, but in the 575 there is no separate seal on the pto side, just a bearing, probably a fafnir. last time i bought one it was around $60 before shipping. the flywheel side bearing and seal are vanilla. even there i would avoid ebay. it always amazes me, hombres on this site will fork over $350 for a dubious porting job but worry about a few bucks on crankshaft bearings. must be the sticker.

as i recall, the husky ipl illustration is incorrect but the parts numbers are correct.

The seal part number 503260901 is replaced with part number 505416101. That seal is used in the 346 pto side as is the bearing.
on mine there's a seal in the bearing on the pto side. if you look in the ipl you'll see they are separate parts.

here's the ipl. on the pto there is no conventional seal. the 575 uses a sealed bearing. i'm not speaking hypothetically. i've been in there and replaced the crank bearings and flywheel side seal. the disk shaped parts inboard the bearings are crank stuffers. i think some of the older ipls were incorrect and showed a pto side seal, husky tends to use the same ipl illustrations for many different models. interesting that they have lowered the price on the pto bearingg from $60 to $35.

edit: looking at the illustration, this one appears to have an error too. it shows the seal on the pto side and the sealed bearing on the flywheel side. that's the reverse of reality. the reason they use the sealed bearing on the pto side is to make room for the inboard clutch.
upload_2017-1-17_9-38-5.png

that isn't a sealed bearing on the flywheel side, thats a standard bearing used on many saws including 268-362-365-372 just to name a few. The seal on that side is part #738-22-02-25. The PTO side seal sets inside of that bearing which is a different part number. Hope this clears it up a bit for you.

here's the ipl. on the pto there is no conventional seal. the 575 uses a sealed bearing. i'm not speaking hypothetically. i've been in there and replaced the crank bearings and flywheel side seal. the disk shaped parts inboard the bearings are crank stuffers. i think some of the older ipls were incorrect and showed a pto side seal, husky tends to use the same ipl illustrations for many different models. interesting that they have lowered the price on the pto bearingg from $60 to $35.

edit: looking at the illustration, this one appears to have an error too. it shows the seal on the pto side and the sealed bearing on the flywheel side. that's the reverse of reality. the reason they use the sealed bearing on the pto side is to make room for the inboard clutch.
View attachment 551561
Great diagram and all. There are mistakes in some diagrams/ipls, and it appears that something is amiss here.
I have to say when I did mine I did it from the outside.
I don't have an ipl to prove it though.

that isn't a sealed bearing on the flywheel side, thats a standard bearing used on many saws including 268-362-365-372 just to name a few. The seal on that side is part #738-22-02-25. The PTO side seal sets inside of that bearing which is a different part number. Hope this clears it up a bit for you.

so how many times have you replaced bearings/seal on a 575? There is no seal inboard the pto bearing. the seal is integrated with the bearing, like a standard dust or grease seal.

husqvarna dealer here said the clutch side seal can be replaced without splitting the case. pull out the old one and push in the new one. after i got my bearings out i removed the seal and looks like replacing most seals. the diagram above looks correct. looks like my crank. there is no error in the diagram.

so how many times have you replaced bearings/seal on a 575? There is no seal inboard the pto bearing. the seal is integrated with the bearing, like a standard dust or grease seal.
I have done it a couple times. You can replace the clutch side seal separately.

There is a change on the 576 fw side bearing and seal just saying.

Here is the inside of a 576.....I haven't split a 575 but have done a few 576's....but the pto side bearing on the 576's had an integral seal. I suspect with care it could be removed and replaced....but its not like the separate seals of old like the 372's... It's more like the 390's and 562's

Latest posts

Back