575 husky crankshaft bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you've replaced the clutch (pto) side seal on a 570, 575 or 576, you've split the cases. it's the only way to do it because the seal is part of the bearing, like a dust or grease seal.

This is your quote that I responded to. Your words. Now your saying you were saying all along the seal is replaceable?

Its simple, we have to go back to the 70's where we had to split a case to swap seals, ie Husky 240 and 140.
575 use the same PtO bearing as we find in 346/353/545/550/555/560/562/570, PtO seal is integrated in the bearing, thats all, same seal has it own # number as well.
I've swapped PTO seals on 346/353/545/550/560, no need to split case on any of them.

It appears I've dropped my shovel if I misquoted(which I did), could you please hand it back to me now, but only for a moment then you can have it back.
Regardless I was able to change the seal without splitting the case.
Also I only misquoted part of it.
It seems as though now you are saying the same thing, but that is not what you were saying earlier.

So if I'm correct now you are saying very clearly that you can change the seals on both sides of this family of saws without splitting the cases.
As I stated I've never split the cases and have only replaced the seal on the clutch side so that is as far as my experience goes. Hopefully someone can make it thru the nonsense and find the truth, or as I ended up doing after wasting much time I just tore into mine and figured it out. So much for trying to help, maybe next time :).

well you surely have me scratching my head at this point. as far as i know, all 570's and 575's have no "clutch side" seal. there isn't room for one under the inboard clutch. there is a conventional seal on the flywheel side. the pto side has... again... a husqavarna proprietary 6205 bearing with an integral seal. that's the one that usually leaks. from the ipl drawing it looks like ther is a conventional seal but the drawing is wrong. the part number for the bearing/seal is 525434201. my source is the partstree.com (a husqvarna parts retailer). i will guarantee that you never changed a pto side seal without splitting the case. you must be confused. pardon me that's all i can say. i suggest you should pull the clutch off your 575 (if you have one) and inspect it to foind out for yourself. 525434201 is a part number for bearing and seal.

here's are pictures of Husqvarna 525434201

inboard side
upload_2017-1-19_20-26-48.png

outboard side with integral seal. you can see the integral seal.
upload_2017-1-19_20-29-22.png

this is getting way too lengthy and not helping the o.p. which should be our focus. splitting cases and pressing off bearings in a 5-series saw is different from anything else. since you haven't done that, according to your narrative, i don't now if you could be of much assistance. i'm not trying to be unfriendly, just trying to eliminate bad data.

thanks again

well you surely have me scratching my head at this point. as far as i know, all 570's and 575's have no "clutch side" seal. there isn't room for one under the inboard clutch. there is a conventional seal on the flywheel side. the pto side has... again... a husqavarna proprietary 6205 bearing with an integral seal. that's the one that usually leaks. from the ipl drawing it looks like ther is a conventional seal but the drawing is wrong. the part number for the bearing/seal is 525434201. my source is the partstree.com (a husqvarna parts retailer). i will guarantee that you never changed a pto side seal without splitting the case. you must be confused. pardon me that's all i can say. i suggest you should pull the clutch off your 575 (if you have one) and inspect it to foind out for yourself. 525434201 is a part number for bearing and seal.

inboard side
View attachment 552309

View attachment 552310

this is getting way too lengthy and not helping the o.p. which should be our focus. splitting cases and pressing off bearings in a 5-series saw is different from anything else. since you haven't done that, according to your narrative, i don't now if you could be of much assistance. i'm not trying to be unfriendly, just trying to eliminate bad data.

thanks again
I dont know the whole story of 570/575, there may had been other PTO bearing solution earlier.
The part # 525434201 is one SKF BBQ 3223 or something (gotta find one first to give correct number), special made for Husky.
Be aware that Husky has update this bearing twice since v01 due lack of reliability.

Here is the seal for this bearing who can be bought seperated:
https://www.partstree.com/parts/husqvarna/parts/505416101/
Lets speak about PTO crankcase, I got no experience with 570/575, but since you got one shoot a picture how the PTO side look ;)
Here you have one picture of a blasted PTO seal on 550:
_DSC3358.jpg
And as you can see, there is nothing that should prevent me to rip out that seal and knock in a new one.

This integrated seal&bearing is nothing new, Husky started with this type style back in 1978 with Husky 40, they continued with 133/234/238/44/444, and same style on 42/42 spec/242/246.
Later they went with a tad bigger bearing with 346, and continued with same bearing on most of their newer saws.
Even we speak about one old 1978 model, its a 1,2,3 job to swap PTO seal, no need to split the case, so if Husky made a ridicilous crankcase on 570 or 575 I would like to see the picture.

inboard side
View attachment 552309

View attachment 552310

thanks again

That's not a 6205 bearing. A 6205 is much larger and is a common bearing used on a lot of mower arbors. Lol

I know you earlier commented on the FW side bearing being a common bearing but I would not call that one common either. It's actually like a 6202 but has a 16 mm ID instead of the common 6202 15mm ID. Some later versions did use a common 6202 bearing.

As for the Husky part numbers, you need to look at more then one IPL, those numbers got changed over the years.

You should probably just leave this alone, you keep changing your story too much. Your not the only one who has worked on these.

I'm sure its been said, but these are yet another series of saws with the nylon or some type of plastic material used for the cages to hold the balls apart. Just an observation, but when the seals begin to leak on a newer generation saw, its sometimes an indication the bearing is beginning to fail, so while I will do as my customers ask (other shops typically) and replace a seal if possible when asked; On MY saws, I just replace the entire bearing and seal every time when they have those nylon caged bearings. And with a steel caged one IF they are available. Have not found a steel option for the 562's and really haven't looked for the 576's. Aren't the 576's about the same as the 346's bearing on the PTO side?? Now OLDER saws, where there is lots of weather and/or time on those saws...seals can harden or simply wear out, and fail. If I pop the seal and see a steel caged bearing, everything seems tight and smooth, I will replace just that seal...even on mine....:) Just what I do.

Here is a 570. There is no reason to split the case to replace just the seal. It can be seperated from the bearing and replaced from the outside. It can be ordered seperately from the bearing. View attachment 552366 View attachment 552367

tot and mark-

thanks for the feed back.

that seal part number 503 26 09-01 is no longer available from husqvarna, at least not at http://www.husqvarnapartstore.com/ or partstree.com. if you have a source, please let us know. i have a 570 that needs new seals on my bench.

tot and mark-

thanks for the feed back.

that seal part number 503 26 09-01 is no longer available from husqvarna, at least not at http://www.husqvarnapartstore.com/ or partstree.com. if you have a source, please let us know. i have a 570 that needs new seals on my bench.

505416101 I told you they change the numbers.

just split the case and put a new bearing in it like you been preaching.. lol

wow!!!! looks like i created a monster. Sorry about that. Just got this saw together this morning. Runs great. Customer is going to be happy. PM'd Sugarbush for a few tips that I wasn't too sure of. Looks like I could have contacted many other members.

I'm sure its been said, but these are yet another series of saws with the nylon or some type of plastic material used for the cages to hold the balls apart. Just an observation, but when the seals begin to leak on a newer generation saw, its sometimes an indication the bearing is beginning to fail, so while I will do as my customers ask (other shops typically) and replace a seal if possible when asked; On MY saws, I just replace the entire bearing and seal every time when they have those nylon caged bearings. And with a steel caged one IF they are available. Have not found a steel option for the 562's and really haven't looked for the 576's. Aren't the 576's about the same as the 346's bearing on the PTO side?? Now OLDER saws, where there is lots of weather and/or time on those saws...seals can harden or simply wear out, and fail. If I pop the seal and see a steel caged bearing, everything seems tight and smooth, I will replace just that seal...even on mine....:) Just what I do.

I referenced in my earlier post about the fw side bearing being different on some which I believe to be the 576 but cannot verify it. I changed out a PTO side damaged crank on a 570 and the used crank I got had a 15mm id FW side bearing instead of the 16mm like was in it.

I used a C3 rated steel caged 6202 bearing I had here and found the seal to be a common metric seal that I had on hand for a Partner P100.

Long story short, when the saw was given back to the owner he ran less then one tank through it before it locked up on him. Yes that steel caged bearing lost its cage. There was no reason for that bearing to fail that I can see, might have just been a faulty bearing, even though it was new.

Replaced it with another name brand C3 steel cage bearing and a new PTO side bearing and that saw is still out there running so go figure.

At the time I did suggest he run 40-1 in it and for his dad to do the same with his 575. Like was said earlier, the crank stuffers seem to shield those bearings and a little more oil is probably a good idea in them.

just split the case and put a new bearing in it like you been preaching.. lol
Just came across this after it lying dormant for a while.
That's some funny stuff there Mark:rolleyes:.
I may not be as versed as others, but I do know what I did :yes:.
Glad there are so many here to help out, nice not to have to reinvent the wheel, when it's already working well for so many.
Hopefully Duke was able to get his fixed without splitting the cases :)

Just came across this after it lying dormant for a while.
That's some funny stuff there Mark:rolleyes:.
I may not be as versed as others, but I do know what I did :yes:.
Glad there are so many here to help out, nice not to have to reinvent the wheel, when it's already working well for so many.
Hopefully Duke was able to get his fixed without splitting the cases :)
Who cares, screw him. :ices_rofl:

Back