split a little wood this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell there at least a million cord there, if you go by the some guys here call it!!!!!!!!!

I knew someone would whine that it wasn't two cords. It absolutely is, and heres how I know. The rounds prior to being split were neatly stacked. Three rows deep of 20" length rounds, 5' high and 13' long at the base, 11' at the top (angled ends). So an average of 12.

Lets do simple math 5 x 5 x 12 = 300 cu. ft./128 cu.ft. per cord = 2.34 cords. I figured a little air space due to rounds not stacking as tight as split wood, so I put 2, not 2.34.

So next time you want to question someone's integrity, have something to back it up, ok champ.

You are wrong about split wood stacking tighter. Quite the opposite, the smaller you split the more the pile grows.

I finally was able to stack the splits this past weekend. Once measured the pile came out at just over 2 cords.

That is a lot of wood to split in one session and then stack in another session. I am just off my wood pile and did maybe 1/4 cord split and stacked. I'll go back for another session a bit later. Somewhere around 2 1/2-3 cords still to split.

Did a hair under 3 cord yesterday and the arms are a stinging. Got about 7 more on the ground to do. Glad I got a buddy helping.

I think its the amount you measure it out to be. :yes: whatever amount you think it is, is good enough for me. :cheers:

I was able to buck and split the pile of log length I had. I figure there's about 3 cords in it. :chop:

Looks like a nice little load. I only burn a small amount more than that in a season.
I think its the amount you measure it out to be. :yes: whatever amount you think it is, is good enough for me. :cheers:
Sorry I didn't get back with you before. I looked at it a little closer and it's 15 cord, do you want to buy it :cheers:.

Back