New wood hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I scored a nice little trailer I tend to use as a yard trailer for hauling wood around.
It very heavy built for it's size (4x10) 2000lb tandem axles.
I paid $150.00 for the trailer.
New treated floor $80.00
New wheel bearing and hub kit $30.00
Expanded sheet metal sides $90.00
Total cost $350.00

25akbjd.jpg

2ymce2a.jpg

instj9.jpg

! "you could beat that with a new stick" but then we can see all that "wood" happen is the new stick "wood" be beaten up ! good deal on the yard helper!

I got it just a few days ago. The floor was rotted out and the sides were plywood and rotten as well.
It also had a bearing that was froze up and the lock on the hitch is broken. I didn't fix the hitch because this trailer will never be put on the road. I may throw a coat of paint on it after the wood dries a bit and before the sides get rusty.
I have already hauled a few loads with it and it seems to be working out pretty well. I really like the small wide tires. Being so low it makes loading and unloading much better. I think it's gonna work out very well. Most of the wood you see is for this spring when the cock off's start up. I'm down to my last few cords of plane seasoned oak firewood.
We have the Houston livestock & rodeo cock off coming up and the Supper bowl will be in town this year. Lots of cock off's coming up. Gotta be ready.

Well I bent the jack already. lol Sometimes my tractors hydraulics bleed down. Went through a dip and wasn't paying attention.
Since it's a yard trailer and my tractor has a 3 point hitch that I can rais up and down. I'm thinking on replacing it with a heavy duty wheel on a swivel.
msg07q.jpg

Well I bent the jack already. lol Sometimes my tractors hydraulics bleed down. Went through a dip and wasn't paying attention.
Since it's a yard trailer and my tractor has a 3 point hitch that I can rais up and down. I'm thinking on replacing it with a heavy duty wheel on a swivel.
msg07q.jpg
Ooops!

What's up with the axles? There is no equalizer between the two, just 2 independant sets of springs?

What's up with the axles? There is no equalizer between the two, just 2 independant sets of springs?

Not sure what thats all about. Some parts look like a bought trailer and other parts look home made. It has fold out front stabilizers as well. Not sure what thats all about ether. With that load of red oak splits the jack doesn't even touch the ground. Not sure why it needed front out riggers. It looks like two single axles put on at different times maybe. The fenders look like they were cut down to fit the wheel spread. I have no idea.
From what I'm told (I bought it from a life long friend) that it came from a salvage job. It was under a pile of trash on a lot they were hired to clear.

Latest posts

Back