This is what ya missed on Sat Walt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK, @weimedog this is what I did on Sat, thought I'd share it with you and everyone else. This is Craig's current log site. They'll be there a couple more weeks. Quite the log pile. Of course I just chewed on the chunk lying by the dozer. 22 degrees, and I cut a load with a 262XPG. Cool to have all the toys there. The skidder is great, but the Timco is amazing.

IMG_1376.JPG IMG_1375.JPG IMG_1374.JPG

Wow...one thing I don't think folks realize....is where you are is absolute Chainsaw Heaven! Most think of the PNY or Maine as the epicenter, but down there you get scenery like this...mostly hardwood as well. AND (can't help it) the right saws..:)

Also the "Smaller" logging operations still have a place out here....still can survive without mechanizing the entire harvest.

Yup....would have been a better day down there than I had here!

Probably be up there again this week if the weather is good. :) Like I said, they'll be out of there before the end of the month. Todd should be there also.

Nice. Yes we do live in a great area for scenery and firewood. I have been meaning to stop by your shop just never seem to be on that side of the mountain.

Heading out now to cover the splitter and wood pile. Then get the plow on the truck. Finally getting some decent snow.

Nice. Yes we do live in a great area for scenery and firewood. I have been meaning to stop by your shop just never seem to be on that side of the mountain.

Heading out now to cover the splitter and wood pile. Then get the plow on the truck. Finally getting some decent snow.

Got about 9" on the ground, and still coming down pretty good. Think we'll get past the 12" mark which is what I classify as "a good one". :)

Wind is picking up and the wind chills are supposed to be sub zero tonight. These are the nights when we really appreciate those wood piles, eh? I'm into a row of hickory, hard maple and beech right now. Giving the ash a rest til later in the season.

To ss396, like your avatar. What year is it? Just noticed you had it listed with your saws.

1966 real 138 # car. 496 mark jones prepared big block . 570 hp . Had a 467 in it but it developed a problem. Not enough hp :rock:. Put in a 9 inch with 3.55 gears last winter. Stage 3 UMI front and rear suspension with coil overs aND 4 wheel disc breaks. Doing a Lgt 700 5 speed this winter still has the Rock crusher 4 spd

Got about 9" on the ground, and still coming down pretty good. Think we'll get past the 12" mark which is what I classify as "a good one". :)

Wind is picking up and the wind chills are supposed to be sub zero tonight. These are the nights when we really appreciate those wood piles, eh? I'm into a row of hickory, hard maple and beech right now. Giving the ash a rest til later in the season.

Just got back in, its 2:30. Long night. Mostly wind but I'll be whooped tomorrow for certain.

Back