Weekend project mushrooms

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of wood is that. The yard you work in always seems to have a lot of Poplar. But, that's so white looking, is it Ash. I can't see enough of the bark to tell, Joe.

Dang, how much do you charge for lessons? I wondered why you milled all those short blocks. If I could do that I might put my mill away. What did you use to seal them? Joe.

If someone lived close enough, and wanted lessons im sure id teach them for beer.....it's finished with spar urethane. Here are the build pics from start to finish.
20160413_155120.jpg 20160413_161623.jpg 20160420_184823.jpg

Since the big saw is out being fixed, i busted out my echo 310 and went to work....

By the time I took my second saw to be repaired, it was obvious I needed to repair my own tools. The local Stihl dealer had my saw for 2 weeks and hadn't gotten to it yet. The 'service manager' said they had to take care of the "professionals" first. SERIOUSLY pissed me off! I carve 6 days a week, own 16 Stihl products, and they don't consider me to be a "professional" :chainsaw:

Now I can rebuild a saw in the time I would use driving to the dealer and back. If you want to want to dip your toe in those waters, this youtube channel is a great resource.
https://www.youtube.com/user/donyboy73

How do you like the Echo 310? Do you have a carving blade on it? I'm looking at getting a small saw, 30-40cc with a dime tip 12" bar, and looking for some confirmation that I don't need more power as long as I only use if for minor shaping & finishing.
Nice job on mushrooms, thanks.

Latest posts

Back