Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing I got today was this 3700 in red

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Sweet.

Hopefully you will discover that it's a thin ring 3.7, as some were 3.8 standard ring...& you won't discover this inside of it. The saw had way too much axial play, so I promptly split it open to see why. It ran great!

Brg PTO IMG_1331.JPG

Need help finding a fuel inlet for a walbro carb on a 3700. Original was plastic and had a small crack. Took forever to figure out why the thing wouldn't stay running. This is the barbed elbow that the fuel line hooks to. Anyone have a part number or source for these? Thanks

db6437f4f9a1e048561de07f2158b765.jpg
Cream puff 3700

Need help finding a fuel inlet for a walbro carb on a 3700. Original was plastic and had a small crack. Took forever to figure out why the thing wouldn't stay running. This is the barbed elbow that the fuel line hooks to. Anyone have a part number or source for these? Thanks
Just get another carb, there cheap enough

128-152-1, all steel

Do a search here on AS for "Walbro Elbow" for the nationwide Walbro distributor VE Petersens phone number in the great state of Ohio, or get on fleabay and search for "zenoah tube fitting".

Don't go back with the plastic one, they crack & split!:innocent:

I think you over thought the process. The shaft diameter is 0.625" The taper on the shaft shouldn't mater as the taper in the flywheel is the same. The shaft will turn at the same rate no matter where the key is located on the shaft or taper. Ultimately you talking a shaft dia of 0.625". If you use that diameter to calculate the degrees of rotation you would divide the circumference of the shaft by 360 degrees. Each degree in that case would be 0.0022". It becomes a larger number if the crankshaft is a larger diameter.
I don't compensate for the sloppy needle bearings.

Make sense?

While I was typing this I forgot about my hotdogs on the stove. They done got blowed up.

CORRECTION!

Not sure what I did but I stand corrected. .00545" off the key is equal to 1 degree advance.

Sorry about the error.

I will still try 0.010 off to see if that makes a difference.

I took about .018 off the key on my 3700 and then worked over the muffler. I feel it made a significant difference. The throttle response is faster, comes up from idle to WOT quicker in comparison to my 375 farm pros which are stone stock.

Got the 330 back together early rhis morning. New intake boot, duckbill and bronze vent. I would of hoped the bronze vent would of fit alittle tighter than it did. But i put some anerobic sealer around it, then a bead of hi strength super glue around the seam, it shouldnt move.

I may pick this up today $45
99687b34906b238af313b9a3c35683c3.jpg

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

That 330 pro, what displacement is it? If I can't get a chainbrake for my 3700, I may as well get a quality Poulan that came originally with a brake. Was thinking similar or same same displacment as a 3700.

That 330 pro, what displacement is it? If I can't get a chainbrake for my 3700, I may as well get a quality Poulan that came originally with a brake. Was thinking similar or same same displacment as a 3700.

54ccs i believe or look for a 380 super same setup only 60ccs. Green and purple poulan version would be 3450 and 3750 tim allen bad boy editions.

Cool. Are the 380 and 3750 the same saw in different colors? I will keep an eye on the bay. There is one on there but it is going for +160. As a "already refurbished" by the seller. Uh-huh. I would believe it if it came from you guys. Him...

Latest posts

Back