Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4f5b37f2d0b88966fcfa7c27805fc01e.jpg
New tool showed up today. Gona get a lot of use out of it. Next is to make some accessories so I can test crankcases.

I would! It works best on iron jugs, which some Remingtons do have an AH-47 like the bulldog and they are iron sleeves.
I have a Bantom with the AH-47.
Remington never made saws with the Tecumseh AH series engines, they made all their own stuff.

Can you post a pic or two of this saw?

I can tomorrow its at work. Real trippy design it has no removable cylinder, looks like you have to take long bolts out of the crankcase, maybe has a rod cap, slide the crank out? Havent taken it apart yet just speculating. If your talking to me

My remington thats locked up actually says mall/remington. Idk if its a mall saw badged remington or other way around

I can tomorrow its at work. Real trippy design it has no removable cylinder, looks like you have to take long bolts out of the crankcase, maybe has a rod cap, slide the crank out? Havent taken it apart yet just speculating. If your talking to me
Well ya I was kinda talking to you...

Mainly wanted to see the "bantom" with the AH-47 engine.

The Logmasters are held together with 4 really long bolts, they go behind the flywheel and clutch. They're a pain to take apart. Also be very careful of the coil, if it's a Bendix coil it's more than likely cracked and not working.

Never had a Logmaster down to the engine so IDK how to get the piston out, but I do have an IPL if you need one.

Its cracked i assure you lol. Its split open pretty good. Its probly gonna be for show, ive tried everything i know to get it unstuck, the cranks free, but the pistons stuck like ive never seen

Its a neat looking saw, i really like the exposed roller nose bar supposedly 82ccs, but it may be too far gone. Ill try some heat maybe itll see it my way

Remington never made saws with the Tecumseh AH series engines, they made all their own stuff.

Can you post a pic or two of this saw?
This is probably true. It looks very similar, and as I remember the cylinder is iron sleeved, but I could be wrong for it has been a while since I even touched it. I will get good pics of it, in GREAT SHAPE with all decals, original.
What I remember the most is the carb was a pain in the @$$!!!

Back