Compression, I need a lesson

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could have a junk compression tester, just bought off Ebay for 50.00 it's got an orange flexible cover. I'll have to get another and repeat. I never thought the Guage could be junk, but that is a very good possibility. the saw ran good with 50psi, so I will replace it. thanks for the good ideas!
...Or you could try that compression tester on another engine..

I could have a junk compression tester, just bought off Ebay for 50.00 it's got an orange flexible cover. I'll have to get another and repeat. I never thought the Guage could be junk, but that is a very good possibility. the saw ran good with 50psi, so I will replace it. thanks for the good ideas!

Why did you replace parts if it ran good? Call me crazy, but replacing broken stuff already costs me enough time and money, I try not to spend more!

I wanted a 090 saw, not a 070. That's why I replaced the PC. would not have bought it if the seller was honest, but the 090 I bought turned out to be a 070.

the 070 turned into an 090 runs great. gobs of power and cuts great with 404 chain and 8 pin sprocket. definitely need compression release to start it, and burns a tank of gas in about 10min of heavy cutting. I wish I bought this before I got my 088, but back then I didn't know 090 saws were ever made. Live and learn.

What are you cutting that you need an 088 or 090?

I had a 660 for a while, sold it, my ported 460 outcut it in the wood I cut and weighed less.

Right now, two 4 foot maples. I could do the job with smaller saws, but Wood is a hobby so I don't have to use tools that make financial sense. I am hooked on the 090.

Back