Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 563173 super clean thats why in suprised the cranks loose. The 3400 i got from @LonestarStihl looked rough,but its tight as a snare drum. O well im gonna split it when i find bearings. It will ride again

If it has non propriety bearings then you can go to a bearing shop and get them. I have a poulan 3800 case that seems to roll very smoothly. If you are interested shoot me a pm. I believe the crank and everything is the same. You'd have to paint it but that shouldn't be a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has non propriety bearings then you can go to a bearing shop and get them. I have a poulan 3800 case that seems to roll very smoothly. If you are interested shoot me a pm. I believe the crank and everything is the same. You'd have to paint it but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I don't see anything wrong with the crank either. You probably need new seals as well, but that should be easy.

Last arrived that will need some parts like starter, muffler... Base look healthy
479eadbe899d65b999cfa05a5ab644f8.jpg
a4812f2bf8c877bafc09279204caa066.jpg

ebf0022eaa3cba9c4141ad2433105ec0.jpg

Last arrived that will need some parts like starter, muffler... Base look healthy
479eadbe899d65b999cfa05a5ab644f8.jpg
a4812f2bf8c877bafc09279204caa066.jpg

ebf0022eaa3cba9c4141ad2433105ec0.jpg
Ooh purty, is it the Lightening or the Contra?

Edit: well seeing that you are from Belgium that answered my question, it would be a Contra lol. Well I guess it wouldn't be impossible to have a lightening over there, just rare/unlikely.

Hello all!

I just joined because there seems to be a healthy knowledge base here on old chainsaws. I recently was given an old 74 Homelight Super XL Auto by my wife's grandfather. It is in great running condition by the way (if you would like to see pictures just let me know). I have always loved chainsaws but never really owned one, so this one will be my first. I am wanting to restore this amazing machine by cleaning it up and eventually repainting it. Any information would be helpful at this point, but I would also like to know your opinions on saws I should look for in the future, I've been looking really hard at the Poulan 306A and maybe a vintage McCulloch as well. Any links to any type of resource would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!
If your looking for an old McCulloch,I just happen to have a Super44A I may sell.it needs restored and I also have a lot of nos McCulloch parts,like alot of them.by the way I'm new here also

Back